Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Also there were some questions about the Lee, so here it is after a cleaning and the addition of a diamond bash.
P1011411-1.jpg
[/IMG]
P1011413-1.jpg
[/IMG]

And yes this hat gets worn often.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I have to agree, the triplets are looking great. I really like the diamond that you put in the Lee. The body of that one sure does seem to have a nice sheen to it. I bet the felt is great to the touch.:eusa_clap

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Schoble supreme XXXX

Any ideas on the XXXX meaning of the Schoble? I know there are many threads on the X`s, but I was wondering specifically in the Schoble line up...thanks

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Excellent!

Thanks for posting photos. Where did you have the Lee cleaned?

jonbuilder said:
Here I am on Thanksgiving wearing my Johnnyphi Setson for the 1st time freshly steamed and creased. The hat fits a little lose for my 22-7/8 head
HPIM0412.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
johnnyphi said:
Thanks for posting photos. Where did you have the Lee cleaned?
Johnny
The lee came Saturday did not need clean just a brushing. I tried to crease it Saturday with steam and was not satisfied. Sunday I mist the hat with water and steamed again and got a nice diamond crease, the hat was a little loose so I use a hair dryer and than wore the hat all day. I think it’s destined to become one of my short list go to hats. I’ll post pictures soon. I place the Lee right up with any Stetson Royal Deluxe of the same vintage.

Razzman

One Too Many
Adam Royal!

The Adam Royal arrived yesterday. It came with an open crown. It needed a good brushing to remove some dust, and I gave it dry crease. I guess you could call it a c-crown? 7 3/8 is a bit big for me, so I'm going to need some spacers for under the sweat. No steam yet, lots of dust still needs to be brushed out. I'm not much of a photographer. Anyway, here it is.

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Razzman said:
The Adam Royal arrived yesterday. It came with an open crown. It needed a good brushing to remove some dust, and I gave it dry crease. I guess you could call it a c-crown? 7 3/8 is a bit big for me, so I'm going to need some spacers for under the sweat. No steam yet, lots of dust still needs to be brushed out.

The hat looks great! Thanks for posting photos!

A word of caution... The "dust" you're removing, may be powder dye that was used to even-out the coloring on lighter color hats. If you brush, and brush, and brush, and brush, and you still have plumes of "dust" leaving with with each stroke of the brush, then you may be removing dye, not dust.

GWD

One Too Many
My Final Johnnyphi Hat???

This is the Adam I recently won from Johnny's Auction I paid a whopping $25.00 for this beauty! It needed a plastic-sweatband-ectomy which went off with out a hitch. With just a little over 24 hours on the "rack" I got it to fit on my head.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

So unless you have some surprises up your sleeve John, thank you very much for this amazing opportunity you have given the Fedora Loungers to purchase these once in a life time hats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks HB, It's fits a little high right now, but maybe after a week on the stretcher it will be a better fit. Being an Adam it's not the best quality hat I have but I have to say, it's a very nice looking lid and yes, the ribbon is very nice!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
Thanks HB, It's fits a little high right now, but maybe after a week on the stretcher it will be a better fit. Being an Adam it's not the best quality hat I have but I have to say, it's a very nice looking lid and yes, the ribbon is very nice!

The lid looks great on your head, while it does kinda sit high your hair style doesn't make it noticeable and the hat still looks great on your noodle. I would wear the heck out of that thing if it were me.:eusa_clap Do you think you will need to restretch it now and again, or do you think it will eventually hold the stretch?

GWD

One Too Many
LMAO! "Hair Style" lol lol I haven't had one yet that has "held" a stretch. But the more I stretch 'em, the easier is is the next time and they constrict my head less over time.

The smaller hats that I have can only be worn a few hours at a time because they do tend to constrict though out the day.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good, GWD. I like the color and the ribbon on that one. Haven't seen another one like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld