Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irvin book. Has anyone read it?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is interesting. I suspect it will largely be about parachutes, but I have ordered copy to see what it has to say about Irvin flying jackets.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hi Andrew, be honest and let us all know if it's any good or rubbish please.
They say never buy a book by going by the cover. I once read a life story of a motorcycle despatch rider in WWI. Yes he was a despatch rider in WWI and survived a pretty cushy(for him) war, nothing exiting, daring, or contact with the enemy, the rest of the book going on to describe his life other than to do with motorcycles.

This is interesting. I suspect it will largely be about parachutes, but I have ordered copy to see what it has to say about Irvin flying jackets.

aswatland

I will give an honest review when I have read it. I am really hoping for some gems on the design and manufacture of Irvin suits, but am prepared to be disappointed!

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
One C.T. Alexander reviewed this book on Amazon stating' "Written without much in the way of Irvin. There were very few quotes and personal stories - but many conjectural notions of how Irvin would have felt. A tertiary resource at best."

aswatland

I have had a quick look at my copy and there are very few references to flying jackets. As I first thought the focus is on the development of the Irvin chute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun