Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Video--Kennedy's last hours

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Cool. Thanks. :eusa_clap
There's yet another piece of history we'd all like to own - the hat that Kennedy wouldn't wear. It would still be NOS, but it would also be presidential.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
Cool. Thanks. :eusa_clap
There's yet another piece of history we'd all like to own - the hat that Kennedy wouldn't wear. It would still be NOS, but it would also be presidential.

Actually, there was an article somewhere or it was on Histories Mysteries or something like that - he gave the hat to an aide who wore for years and still has it, if I remember correctly.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
So, there might be an ebay auction one day that reads:

I picked this cowboy hat up at an estate sale of some guy who used to work for JFK. I don't know much about hats, but it looks pretty good. Buy it now for $40 and I'll throw in free shipping.

That would be a great day.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
"What a shame we never got to see him wear our Western hat".

...the kind of regrets such dramatic events -as november 22, 1963- immensely magnify.

I kinda wonder how ...a gift... could just be passed-on (and disappear). How would you feel if you toiled at making a nice hat, chuckles for thanks?

Arggh...maybe presidents and the like get too many "meaningless" gifts and, much like some advertising handouts at the train station, end up in the trash bin.

Or, maybe, the events that friday just created their own momentum and...for crying out loud, it's only a hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe