Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Mustang

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Check out the Official Indiana Jones site for a cool video that mentions
Steve Delk and the great new Indy fedora.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

I have showed this video to around 15 -20 people. Each time, I preface it by saying, "Did you ever wonder how Indiana Jones' hat never fell off?". The initial reaction of everyone I showed it to was the same. Every one of them thought he really stapled the hat to his head. :eek: :eusa_doh: shakeshead lol lol lol

Steve27752

One of the Regulars
I`ve tried the search without success.
What colour is the most accurate for a `Indy` hat?
The Akubra Federation Deluxe in dark brown or the Akubra Federation in mid brown?

Edward

Bartender
Steve, I can't comment authoritatively on this as I've never handled a regular brown Fed for comparison. That said, I went in part by the advice on these forums that the dark brown Deluxe is a good close match. If memory serves, several folks mentioned that the shade of mid-brown in the regular Fed can vary considerably.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
I can only say that my Fed Dlx matches my AB almost perfectly in color. And, theoretically, the AB is as close to screen accurate as you can get these days.

Regards, Andy

Tone

A-List Customer
Hey! An Indiana Jones hat section!

Here's my latest Custom JPD 525 Raiders bashed version. It arrived today! WOOHOO! These pics are after a few minutes out of the box (still working on a spot here and there) but she's a fine hat for being a few minutes "new". :)

Tone

A-List Customer
Thank you very much, KY Gentleman. Thank you. :)

Yes! Well, okay, I had to turn it about a quarter of an inch to get it this way but the effects of it are immediate. No steam involved or break in period. It formed very nicely and readily visible to the eye. I just had to bash it off that mark once it was found. In case that timeframe doesn't seem to add up...yes, I do put the bash into a hat within a few minutes. I'm still futzing with the new hat syndrome, though, (areas need to be trained) but I am thoroughly impressed with how this latest turned out. AND - all that in a 5 1/4" crown. ;)

Stoney

Practically Family
A converted 7X Stetson Trekker

Geez I'm not sure weather I should post this here or in the Conversion Corral thread, so here we go anyway.

This is the closest that I have. I picked up this Stetson Trekker (Gun Club) on e-bay for mucho el-cheapo . It's a 7X beaver and I'm guessing from the interior of the hat that it dates from somewhere in the late 60s to early 70s. Another clue to the age is the Stetson pin that was in the leather hat band.
I've retained the hat pin on the new ribbon.

After receiving the hat I noticed that the felt was terribly dirty and matted. After a good cleaning it looked like a lump of felt rather than a hat, so I re-blocked it, bashed it like an IJ hat and added a green ribbon instead of the leather hat band. Oh and I tossed those feathers that came with it.

The color is Acorn which is a tan with a slight green tint to it. The Green ribbon seems to emphasize the green tint to the tan color without really making the hat look green.

There is a small place on the left brim where the felt is not the best and some wear to the felt, on the bottom where the brim meets the sweatband. Other than that it looks about like a new hat.

Conveted-Stetson-Trekker.jpg

A have a Federation, in Tawny Fawn, that I chose to bash more Howard Hughes 1940's style rather than the standard IJ Bash.

kiltie

Practically Family
New Hats...

Holy poopy, Tone - that certainly is an Indiana Jones hat! One of the neater head on shots of one, too. Very cool, indeed.

Stoney: I want to choose my words so they don't sound patronizing. That is a very, uh...distictive hat. I would imagine you can set it down just about anywhere and not have to worry about getting it mixed up with anyone else's. To say it's a nice hat would in fact be patronizing, I think. Perhaps the word is "character", thereby implying the wearer has character. That's IT! I like it.

Stoney

Practically Family
Color

RBH, Thanks.

Kiltie.. Gee. I just don't know how to take that, Patronizing I suppose.
ZZZZZZ

lol

Anyhoo, I do agree the hat has "Character" but probobly not as much as you think. It looks more or less like a fedora that is tan-ish with a green band.

The color of the hat and ribbon are difficult to get right on the computer monitor in a single picture. This picture has a more correct tone for the hat color while the first set are more correct for the ribbon color.

Color.jpg

Neither are really exact. It is somewhere in between the two. That's why I tried to describe the color in the earlier post. The flash just washed it too far out of whack for me to correct.

Steve27752

One of the Regulars
Off topic I know.......................But, I tried to register for club Obi-Wan. One of the questions asked for a
Archaeological code:*
You're search will be rewarded...
what does it mean?

citRon

A-List Customer
Steve27752 said:
Off topic I know.......................But, I tried to register for club Obi-Wan. One of the questions asked for a
Archaeological code:*
You're search will be rewarded...
what does it mean?

Steve- you have to go read all the introductions and rules posts...then the code appears for you. Oh, and don't violate any of those rules or you'll get cyber-spanked in a heartbeat.

Stoney- that hat is awesome! I love it! By the way, can you show us some picsof your Tawny Fed? -I'm ordering one of those today, although they're backordered 2 months :mad:

mingoslim

Practically Family
My daughter says that I look a bit like Dr. Jones . . .

112307a.jpg

I know the ribbon is not wide enough . . . but maybe if Indiana became a member of the Brotherhood, he would have worn a hat like this . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe