Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones fedora

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Finally, a reason to watch a Brendan Frasier movie! lol

Well, good for you Art.
[bad] And the Hatman That Shall Remain Nameless.
:fedora: :cool2: :cheers1:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
you absolutely KNOW who it is RBH, our friend in Miss..

I hope that's true -- it would certainly be well-deserved, and it would definitely make for a wonderful story. If it is true, however, it appears that he is laying down quite the smokescreen on COW... Makes me wonder...

Cheers,
JtL

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
Finally, a reason to watch a Brendan Frasier movie! lol

Well, good for you Art.
[bad] And the Hatman That Shall Remain Nameless.
:fedora: :cool2: :cheers1:

lol Fantastic! And all this time I thought the only good thing about a Brendan Frasier movie was that it wasn't a Steven Seagal movie!
Now I am going to have to watch the other mummy movies, so I can be up on the story line, just to see the hats in the third ;)

RBH

Bartender
HamletJSD said:
lol Fantastic! And all this time I thought the only good thing about a Brendan Frasier movie was that it wasn't a Steven Seagal movie!
Now I am going to have to watch the other mummy movies, so I can be up on the story line, just to see the hats in the third ;)
Hey all I can say are the films are good, only bad thing is not enough good hats. Maybe with Art involved, we can now have a
"few good hats!"

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
LOL...boy, THIS turned into a flattering thrread!! Thanks gents but like I said, I've never seen a "Mummy" film so I don't have any expectations.
Doh, I really don't know exactly as I have never had a "blockbuster" where hat's were potentially licensed like the Indy films. We had clothing in several academy award winning films ( Titanic, Age of Innocence, Seabiscuit, Legend of Bagger Vance, etc). I don't fear this at all because the one Frasier will be wearing is a Stetson with me providing the backups. Unless they were very original I don't think that comes into play. Heck, with the industry you can't bet on anything not hitting the cutting room floor so it's always best to not get hopes raised too high. With Seabiscuit I had no idea that the costumer had used my hats on Bridges till I got them back with "hold" tags on them.

JTL...it absolutely IS true but there is a reason for the smokescreen that can't be shared. Let's just say our friend has had a tiny chunk bitten from the posterior and needs to repair some potential damage.
I should also add that I cannot imagine a more appropriate person making the hats for the new IJ. This one has been earned on his part and I applaud the costumer for choosing him.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
JTL...it absolutely IS true but there is a reason for the smokescreen that can't be shared. Let's just say our friend has had a tiny chunk bitten from the posterior and needs to repair some potential damage.
I should also add that I cannot imagine a more appropriate person making the hats for the new IJ. This one has been earned on his part and I applaud the costumer for choosing him.

That is great news. I have to say, looking at the trailer, there was little doubt about the source of the hats, but you never know. Very cool.

Cheers,
JtL

Jovan

Suspended
That picture and video have me reminiscing. Harrison Ford is still looking good! Does anyone know what uniforms those guys holding him are wearing?

Whoever made the hats... hats off to you. If we can see more well made hats in movies, we may yet see their return in the public.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Does anyone know what uniforms those guys holding him are wearing?

Those are U.S. Army uniforms, I believe from the mid to late-1950s. I also notice they all have 1928 Thompson submachine guns.
:fedora:

Jovan

Suspended
thunderw21 said:
Those are U.S. Army uniforms, I believe from the mid to late-1950s. I also notice they all have 1928 Thompson submachine guns.
:fedora:
Interesting... they used his services back in 1936, I wonder what happens to have them holding him captive.

Marc

Vendor
You need to visit the forum on Indygear, if you want some updated info. The main pages haven't been updated for the last few years.

Regarding the hatters for IJ4, it is my understanding that the makers of the hats promised to keep their mouths shut for now, but would be more than willing to offer exact replicas, once they're allowed to speak up.

Regards,

Marc

Edward

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks folks, I'm pretty tickled to be back in the film game, if only a small part. I really thought they had lost my number.:rolleyes:
Nashoba, believe it or not I never saw either Mummy1 OR Mummy 2 so I really don't know the big deal ( why Mummy 3?). I can only assume they made money so off they go!!

Yeah, it's typically the big bucks a successful brand can command that dictates sequels these days, not whether the story needs it! Eh well. actually, the Mummy films were pretty good, IMO. I'd say they'd appeal to a lot of Indy fans as well as to kids who would have been Indy fans had they been ten years older. They're not a million miles away from IJ - very much similar genre flicks, though with a much stronger dosage of the fantasy element than and of the Indys. I can see them having talked in terms of "a new Indiana Jones" when they were thinking about the marketing and so on, but while there are parallels, I didn't feel that they were derivative as such. Actually, Fraser's character is closer to Han Solo, ironically enough - basically if memory serves out for himself until he gets caught up with the lady archaeologist. Nice period detailing, I thought, campy and fun script/story, nicely costumed. Put me in mind a lot of the stuff cropping up on the Adventurer's gear thread. I would certainly be intrigued by a lot of the costuming if replicas were available as alternatives here and there to some of the Indy stuff. IJ will always be "the man", but it's nice to have alternatives if you sometimes want a variation on the look that is period without being directly "costume."

In any case, these were big mainstream flicks that were probably as high profile as any of the IJs on original release, if not with quite the same cult following over time. Quite a coup to get involved in that, and I'll certainly be interested to see the finished hats!

RBH

Bartender
Marc said:
You need to visit the forum on Indygear, if you want some updated info. The main pages haven't been updated for the last few years.

Regarding the hatters for IJ4, it is my understanding that the makers of the hats promised to keep their mouths shut for now, but would be more than willing to offer exact replicas, once they're allowed to speak up.

Regards,

Marc

Thanks Marc!

Edward

Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
Art... I can't wait to see the Mummy hats. I just wish they would drop the Mummy schtick and go with a Rick O'Connell series of movies.

Good idea. If Indy doesn't do the Incas, I'd like to see O'Connell take them on...

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Just watched Mummy 3 last Sunday - Brendan Fraser's hat in night club scene looks just great, especially the brim curve!

Art is still the man :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BTW, it's getting more and more Off topic from the original title of this thread :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe