Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Smuterella

One Too Many
gosh i used to be thin but even in a tightly laced corset i have a thick waist

Smuterella said:
ok, as much as i love the Marilyn comparisons i'd like something else. look at the face, not just the hair and do i look like anyone?

me at halloween, in a corset trying to make my ex boyfriend jealous

how much more real can you get

hornydevil.jpg

woweewow

New in Town
she's not from your guyses golden era and she was certainly never a star but i think sometimes i look a little like minta durfee, roscoe arbuckle's first? wife

if anybody ever asked me if i could look like someone who would i look like, i'd say minta durfee.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
What classic star do I look like.

I've no idea.

Sometimes I fancy myself a bit like Judy Garland (Wide eyes, wide mouth.) But I don't know.

Dahliaoleander.jpg

Any suggestions? (This is not a very Judy shot of me, but I like it.)

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
I went on my heritage:

I got

Emily Browning 66% (?)
Michelle Williams 62% (Heath's ex. But still... ?)
Zoe Tay 60% (?)
Michelle Kwan (LOVE HER!) 59%
Lee Young-ae 58% (?)
Julie Andrews 54%
Anna Popplewell (?) 53%
Matsumoto Jun (?) 53%

Gotta go...

Time to ask Mom if I'm any part asian. lol
Then again I also got (because of the look I gave the camera I'm guessing, Joseph Conrad, Charlie Chaplin both 51%)

Any one else get completely off opposite gender results in their ten?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet and Laura Chase think I look like Bodil Kjer.

BodilKjer300.jpg

fed1.jpg

My mom and Mary think I look like Bette Davis (I'll have to take a pic that shows the resemblance and post it later on).
Oh and when I was a kid I looked a lot like Drew Barrymore in E.T.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
"I want to be let alone"

Garbo, more in personality than looks. I read that she didn't show up to claim an Academy Award, didn't give interviews and didn't answer fan mail. I haven't gone to my last two birthday parties, don't usually chat people up, and don't have a Myspace or Facebook page.

http://cuip.net/~dmjohnson/images/garbo

Eyemo

Practically Family
Apparently I look like the combat cameraman in episode 7 of "Band of Brothers"... I can't see it myself!
114021829746fe5a4ba0a8c1.jpg

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Who am I now?

n40511241_32581315_1669-1.jpg
owlcreekbridge218.jpg

A few years ago....
I remember watching the French version of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge made in 1962 and being a little alarmed. The actress is Anne Cornaly, she went on to star in French made-for-tv films in the 80's.

But I don't look much like that anymore....
Photo118-1-1.jpg

klara

One of the Regulars
IMG_0369c.jpg

Well, according the site I look like the swedish queen silvia bernadotte lol . Must get a better picture

DerMann

Practically Family
I've been called Abraham Lincoln on several occasions D:

The most recent occurrence was at a grocery store when I walked up to the customer service station to make out a money order (fountain pen addiction). I was wearing a navy blazer, khaki trousers, white and brown spectators, light blue double cuff shirt, and a straw boater. The lady behind the counter was on the phone with her mother and when I came up to the counter, she said to her mom, "Mom, I've got to go, Abraham Lincoln is here." Then she took another minute to explain who Abraham Lincoln was. I was just standing there awkwardly smiling.

What it must be is that there are two incompatible archaic things before them, rather extreme facial hair and a proper, brimmed hat. Example train of thought:

Uh oh that guy's wearing a fedora/boater/top hat. Wait he has facial hair, can't say Indiana Jones. Can't call him a cowboy either, too well dressed. Oh wait! I've got it! Abraham Lincoln! He was know for wearing hats, and he had facial hair! Jackpot! "Hey, why are you dressed up like Abraham Lincoln?"

Here's a picture of me trying on a pince nez:

pincenezne9.jpg

Here's a view from the side with a full view of my best mutton chop (hair askew, of course):

sidezc7.jpg

I'm thinking of shaving the old chops off and having another go at a moustache. Mutton chops don't really go well with fedoras, and can really only be appreciated fully from an angle. Plus I have a cowlick at the base of my right chop, making them uneven 90% of the time. That's for another topic, though...

PSK123

A-List Customer
I've been told I look quite similar to the famous bandleader Henry Hall when I wear my 1930's spectacles...

I'm not so sure....but its been said by a fair few people lol

hall15.jpg
PAF102.jpg

Same lips, ears, nose etc lol

I'll try to find a better photo though...

Mary

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
I've been thinking the lovely Mary looks quite like Frances Farmer

Really!? I must say I'm very flattered. Have been looking at photos of her for an hour or so lol and can see some similarities especially in the drawings of her and when she's not so glamourous.

This is just perfect! Now Cherry lips and I can take those look-a-like photos!

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe