Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

Here's some of the paneling I painted in my living room.

apartment037.jpg

It was blood red before this.

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I remember when...

...I used to play out in the fields behind the house all day, only coming in when it got dark.
...there were fields behind the house.
...fish and chips were served in newspaper cones.
...children walked themselves to school.
...the local corner shop sold sweets from huge jars in little paper bags.
...I used to collect the foil lids from glass milk bottles and the foil wrappers from Polos for craft projects.
...my friends and I could visit the local open-air pool unattended by adults.
...summers seemed to last forever and it never seemed to rain.

That's why I picked it. I love bright and cheerful. My folks painted their living room yellow a couple of houses ago. I fought it left and right, thought it was a terrible idea, until I saw it on the walls. Fell in love with it and now I have a yellow living room, oh the irony.

It's a cheerful buttercup yellow, IMHO. I think yellow walls make it seem the sun is always shining.

That's why I picked it. I love bright and cheerful. My folks painted their living room yellow a couple of houses ago. I fought it left and right, thought it was a terrible idea, until I saw it on the walls. Fell in love with it and now I have a yellow living room, oh the irony.

I imagine if you live long enough you really appreciate irony. I remember when irony wasn't so poignant for me. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82