Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new wallet

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Title sort of says it all...

BUT, I'm looking for a black leather wallet that will last for a long time. I do not use tri-folds, money clips, or front pocket wallets. I use a standard bill fold wallet. I'm really tired of junk wallets like Fossil that fall apart after a year. Black is mandatory. I'm not afraid to invest in quality, but I'm not interested in a $100 wallet. I'm looking for a Buick, not a Chevy or a Cadillac.

Suggestions?

SteveAS

Practically Family
For durability, shell cordovan leather can't be beat, but it also can't be found for under $100. Hartmann wallets are excellent and quite durable. I had one for a few years before it wore out and I replaced it with an Allen Edmonds shell cordovan wallet.

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
I also have a tumi with a zip that goes all the way round ,very secure ,no more lost cards .I have had it for 2 years and it still looks perfect!! It was really expensive though ,about $150!!!

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
I like the Saddleback, but it's too "rough and tumble" for what I want. I've looked at Filson, but they are only brown, and all of my leather accessories are black.

How long does a Tumi last? Since the standard bill fold wallets start at about $120 on their site, I would not be interested unless they are known to last for many years. (Remember, the last new car my family bought was a 1957 Plymouth, we keep things)

Any comments on the Leather Goods Connection wallets? They look good, and are priced good, but do they last?

I did not get one year out of the last Fossil, so I want something that will be with me for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe