Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
Good to know and look forward to your assessment. Thanks!
Got the Bronson tanker jacket and man, i love it. The construction and materials are very good. I don't know on the long run but it's definitly a great jacket and as an old WW2 reenacter, i'm usually very picky when it comes to this kind of stuff. To be honest, i have never purchased a single repro but this i can wear everyday :D

_MG_3672_Luminar4-edit.jpg
_MG_3688_Luminar4-edit.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
Got the Bronson tanker jacket and man, i love it. The construction and materials are very good. I don't know on the long run but it's definitly a great jacket and as an old WW2 reenacter, i'm usually very picky when it comes to this kind of stuff. To be honest, i have never purchased a single repro but this i can wear everyday :D

View attachment 289701 View attachment 289702
Fantastic to hear. I’m looking at their Tanker and B-10...from all accounts they are nearly as good as Buzz but for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for sharing your pictures and comments. This basically seals the deal. And really I may end up getting both the tanker and B-10 considering even with both and shipping costs still cheaper than getting just one from Buzz.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Well I broke my own "12 step promise" today , despite declaring the closet to be "as full as an egg" (again !)
Bought this NEUW black leather " faux shearling" lined jacket from ebay Australia. Looks OK in the seller photos.
It was a bit of a bargain (if it fits as labelled L !) BUT do I need a "shearling" lined jacket in Perth WA ? Hell no !
I just got intrigued by such jackets on the lounge (as you do !). Apparently the lining is 100% cotton.
REAL LEATHER label (ominous ?) and made in India so we shall see.
It will be interesting to see what "the cognoscenti" on the lounge reckon ?

NEUW jacket 1.jpg

NEUW jacket 3.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Lol, I think I know what you mean. I am not looking for comp weight in a trucker, but if it feels paper thin it will be released post haste...:)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Here are a few pictures of the RMC B3 which I recently bought from @John Lever (many thanks again, very smooth and friendly "transaction" and communication).
This is definitely my Winter grail jacket and belongs to personal 3 favorite leather jackets/coats! It's a piece of art and I haven't handled a leather jacket with higher quality or at least the same as Freehweelers. The B3 jacket is in nearly new condition for that price if you consider that a new one costs about 3500€! Even if I don't have a comparison with other high quality B3 makers like Eastman, Aero, LW, etc. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this one - according to John the quality of these RMC NZ ones is even better than the new ones. Anyway, I'm really impressed and it's a shame that the temperature is that high at the moment (10-12C). If was really concerned about the actual fit as I normally wear size 40 (RMC and FW) and this is a size 42 but the fit is rather tight in the chest and waist area than loose. What do you guys think? Keeper or put on Classifieds?
Cheers,
Robbie
P.S. I forgot to open the two leather straps when take pictures as I guess the right way to wear it is with opened leather belts
upload_2020-12-17_16-51-15.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-51-23.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-51-31.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-51-39.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-51-47.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-51-57.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-52-5.png

upload_2020-12-17_16-52-14.png

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are a few pictures of the RMC B3 which I recently bought from @John Lever (many thanks again, very smooth and friendly "transaction" and communication).
This is definitely my Winter grail jacket and belongs to personal 3 favorite leather jackets/coats! It's a piece of art and I haven't handled a leather jacket with higher quality or at least the same as Freehweelers. The B3 jacket is in nearly new condition for that price if you consider that a new one costs about 3500€! Even if I don't have a comparison with other high quality B3 makers like Eastman, Aero, LW, etc. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this one - according to John the quality of these RMC NZ ones is even better than the new ones. Anyway, I'm really impressed and it's a shame that the temperature is that high at the moment (10-12C). If was really concerned about the actual fit as I normally wear size 40 (RMC and FW) and this is a size 42 but the fit is rather tight in the chest and waist area than loose. What do you guys think? Keeper or put on Classifieds?
Cheers,
Robbie
P.S. I forgot to open the two leather straps when take pictures as I guess the right way to wear it is with opened leather belts
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455
Robbie,
That is one of the best looking fits I have seen on anyone wearing a B-3. If it is comfortable to wear then keep it by all means!!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455
Looks very cool, and very warm! :p

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455

That's really nice, and the fit is really good too.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cheers,

Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455

I’d say keeper, if
- you can see yourself pulling off that bold look on a regular basis (I think, you look pretty cool) and
- you trust the weather to permit wearing it a few times each year (was in your neck of the woods today and rather enjoyed the mild weather...)

dannyk

One Too Many
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455
I also say keeper. Especially with this “big puffy” type of jackets. We don’t expect them to fit like other jackets. If they are a little tight or little loose who cares? They are meant to keep ya warm. As long as they aren’t restrictive or so big you swim in them, then keep it. This does look especially nice too!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455

You're ready to go North of Scandinavia, this jacket alone is worth going there to test it out. Congrats!! :D

Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455

It's good you got this.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455
The perfect winter jacket. Top buy.
I love my shearlings from 10 degrees downwards. They give off a nice dry warmth and I don't sweat immediately when I go into a room. Open the zipper and go ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe