Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

"I've always wanted a biker jacket, Honey"
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 4.58.54 PM.png

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Threw a bid a week ago, got notification today that I've won. Only bidder. What's going on in this world, nobody buying leather jeans anymore??? Lack of taste is disturbing.

s-l1600.jpg

How many leather jeans does a man need? Where does it end, Monitor, where does it end?!???!

You’ve made me curious to try leather jeans.

How many leather jeans does a man need? Where does it end, Monitor, where does it end?!???!

You’ve made me curious to try leather jeans.

Haha, I don't have that many! I have Aero, Bates and one with laces. And now another Aero. As for where it ends, unlike it is the case with jackets, that I know perfectly well. It ends with these...
tumblr_px3ynwDKz11u526qho1_1280.jpg

I only need five thousand Euros.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Haha, I don't have that many! I have Aero, Bates and one with laces. And now another Aero. As for where it ends, unlike it is the case with jackets, that I know perfectly well. It ends with these...
tumblr_px3ynwDKz11u526qho1_1280.jpg

I only need five thousand Euros.

Well, only four slightly different versions of the exact same garment? Perfectly reasonable.

How are the Aero’s btw? Do you find that they fit true to size?

Well, only four slightly different versions of the exact same garment? Perfectly reasonable.

How are the Aero’s btw? Do you find that they fit true to size?

These pants I posted are made from one entire panel of 11+oz horsehide. The panel hasn't been cut into smaller pieces, there's no usual pattern cutting but instead, the whole thing has been shaped into a pair of pants with holes sewn together. It's really incredible! I mean, this is like the only example I've seen where paying more money actually does get you something that isn't entirely subjective.
Nothing like this exists on the market and it's impossible to copy.

Why am I telling you all this? So that you can skip the entire trial and error business and just get these and have the best leather pants ever made in the entire universe & be done with it in one move. :D

As for Aero's, didn't you read my review? XD That's essential reading & high quality thread.
They're absolutely fantastic, as I stated, seem more professionally made than their bike jackets.
They fit like a second skin and are super comfortable, despite being heavy (4.5 kg, more than any jacket I had). And yeah, 100% true to size, at least in my case.
While with leather jackets we can discuss many alternatives, when it comes to pants, I can pretty much tell you not to look further than Aero.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
These pants I posted are made from one entire panel of 11+oz horsehide. The panel hasn't been cut into smaller pieces, there's no usual pattern cutting but instead, the whole thing has been shaped into a pair of pants with holes sewn together. It's really incredible! I mean, this is like the only example I've seen where paying more money actually does get you something that isn't entirely subjective.
Nothing like this exists on the market and it's impossible to copy.

Why am I telling you all this? So that you can skip the entire trial and error business and just get these and have the best leather pants ever made in the entire universe & be done with it in one move. :D

As for Aero's, didn't you read my review? XD That's essential reading & high quality thread.
They're absolutely fantastic, as I stated, seem more professionally made than their bike jackets.
They fit like a second skin and are super comfortable, despite being heavy (4.5 kg, more than any jacket I had). And yeah, 100% true to size, at least in my case.
While with leather jackets we can discuss many alternatives, when it comes to pants, I can pretty much tell you not to look further than Aero.

Yes sorry, I did actually read your review. It really was essential reading. But my memory is short :)

Who makes the other pants? While it sounds amazingly cool that they are made from one single panel, 5000 euro for a pair of trousers is absolutely insane imo however nice and unique they are. Unless you’re Jeff Bezos or something.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yes sorry, I did actually read your review. It really was essential reading. But my memory is short :)

Who makes the other pants? While it sounds amazingly cool that they are made from one single panel, 5000 euro for a pair of trousers is absolutely insane imo however nice and unique they are. Unless you’re Jeff Bezos or something.
On the other hand we already spend easily 1,000+ on jackets. It’s one panel and 11ozs. Translate that into a jacket and it would be the same and I bet a lot of people here would at least be intrigued if they could get an 11oz horse hide jacket for 5,000. But I mean yeah I personally don’t spend that much on pants or jackets and can’t afford anything like that ha. So I totally agree in a basic sense.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
On the other hand we already spend easily 1,000+ on jackets. It’s one panel and 11ozs. Translate that into a jacket and it would be the same and I bet a lot of people here would at least be intrigued if they could get an 11oz horse hide jacket for 5,000. But I mean yeah I personally don’t spend that much on pants or jackets and can’t afford anything like that ha. So I totally agree in a basic sense.

You’re right of course and combine all my jackets purchased and it would be quite a bit more than what those pants cost. And there are a lot of items out there that cost a lot more and you’re not paying for something really cool, but rather for brand or exclusivity or something like that. Not meaning to crap on the pants at all.

I gotta say though that I am super intrigued in how they built the pattern for a one panel trouser. It is really cool from a construction standpoint.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Somehow I'm not lucky with my jackets.
My Shearling Cafe Racer doesn't work because the fur is too thick. My Type 3 made of natural CXFQHH does not work because the leather is too heavy. I don't get any information from Shawn about two other ideas.
Maybe I should just have a Crosszip made from the 20mm shearling or maybe the Wayfarer in nat CX? Always these first world problems ;)

Berto

One of the Regulars
Somehow I'm not lucky with my jackets.
My Shearling Cafe Racer doesn't work because the fur is too thick. My Type 3 made of natural CXFQHH does not work because the leather is too heavy. I don't get any information from Shawn about two other ideas.
Maybe I should just have a Crosszip made from the 20mm shearling or maybe the Wayfarer in nat CX? Always these first world problems ;)
Hi Mrproper, I'm also keen on a shearling Cafe Racer but I think 10mm is too thick. I was looking at Matchless or Belstaff and to my eyes that shearling seems thinner (around 6mm or so).

Do you know other, let me say fashion brands, with shearling Cafe Racer and not 1.400€?. Too expensive I think.

A 20mm shearling crosszip is huge ....

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Yes 20mm shearling is huge :D
But I'm tall too, and maybe it will turn out just fine anyway.
Simply very simple without pockets. Like my Coastal Command but with a collar and cross zip instead of a hood. And without the teddy hem on the sleeves and waistband. Maybe just cut off flush. Thats I'm thinking about ;)

Berto

One of the Regulars
Yes 20mm shearling is huge :D
But I'm tall too, and maybe it will turn out just fine anyway.
Simply very simple without pockets. Like my Coastal Command but with a collar and cross zip instead of a hood. And without the teddy hem on the sleeves and waistband. Maybe just cut off flush. Thats I'm thinking about ;)

Very interesting.

I'm trying to find a shearling Cafe Racer at reasonable price but it's not easy.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I am convinced that shearling my D1/Trucker jacket would work. But the same color again as Cafe Racer would be overkill for me.
But maybe we should switch to the 5* thread for this discussion. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe