Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody own a Homburg with a 2 inch brim? If so pics please!

I just sold this one. Its a 1950's dobbs that has a 2 inch brim up to the curl. Obviously the curl adds some length, but I dont count it because the brim is two inches sticking out from the head. I seem to remember advertisements from the 1960's from Dobbs where they show a homburg with a very short brim. Looked like a 1 1/2 inch brim. That was during the peak of the stingy era.

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I just sold this one. Its a 1950's dobbs that has a 2 inch brim up to the curl. Obviously the curl adds some length, but I dont count it because the brim is two inches sticking out from the head. I seem to remember advertisements from the 1960's from Dobbs where they show a homburg with a very short brim. Looked like a 1 1/2 inch brim. That was during the peak of the stingy era.

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

I have my eye on the same one in black! The color and pics didn't make out the length clearly. thanks!

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

Wow, beautiful homburg. I really want one like that. I've never seen one on ebay - am I going to have to order a modern one from an American retailer?

TCMfan25

Practically Family
BUMP!!!!!!
Anybody willing to part with a Light to Med. Gray Homburg with a 2 1/4 inch brim???????????????
If so PM and or comment!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
You've seen my listing, I think, for the Biltmore. It's a long way from mint, but could certainly work well for someone! The brim is a bit wider, at about 2 5/8" before curl.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
That homburg is intoxicating RLK, BUMP!!!!

Anybody willing to part with a Light to Med. Gray Homburg preferably with a 2 1/4 inch brim, but 2 inches in the minimum???????????????
If so PM and or comment!

:D

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I stumbled across a couple of homburgs that I don't believe the great Mayserwegner has. When I saw these, I was simply speechless. :eeek: I could not come up with the words to describe the look. Behold!!!! (Now don't all of you go out and get one at the same time. ) :D

th_selentinopetrohomburg.jpg

th_selentinosafarihomburg.jpg

th_selentinosafarihomburgred.jpg

Last edited:

OT1899

Familiar Face
I guess it's personal taste but I am not in the straight side to side only crowd which is the majority on this board. Tall crowns are fine but so is a bit of taper. A good example is this P. & C. Habig Homburg of mine.

4032329977_7cb5e1e47c_b.jpg

I agree. This is a great hat! How tall is the crown on the sides and at the crease in the middle?

DNO

One Too Many
I picked this up several years ago but neither my wardrobe nor my social life is really up to homburg status so I've never actually worn it.

It's by Scotts and, given the reference to His Majesty the King, must predate 1952...so at least it's older than I am (by a hair).

homburgx1.png

homburginside.png

inside1.png

sweatband2.png

And finally, trying to look dapper in a Hawaiian shirt.

homburgx.png

TCMfan25

Practically Family
I picked this up several years ago but neither my wardrobe nor my social life is really up to homburg status so I've never actually worn it.

It's by Scotts and, given the reference to His Majesty the King, must predate 1952...so at least it's older than I am (by a hair).

homburgx1.png

homburginside.png

inside1.png

sweatband2.png

And finally, trying to look dapper in a Hawaiian shirt.

homburgx.png

You really have a face for Homburgs!

There are vintage photos of them being in worn in more casual settings here in the US. Probably rarely happened in Europe or England but I have a feeling if one got beat up a bit it might have gotten moved down a rung in the rotation. Adding side dents can give them a less formal look or going with a light color vs. black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe