Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Great hat! Can you post a close-up of that size tag? It does look like one I've seen before.

B
Thanks!
Unfortunately a generic tag used for a few decades.
5346544357_b277698387.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1940's Stetson Supper Club Homburg

I just got this homburg from Rodkins. When I opened the box, I was shocked how nice the hat really is in person. Its just beautiful. The felt is pitch black and extremely soft to the touch. I had to have this hat because Ive never seen a "Supper Club" Stetson before. I've never even seen an advertisement for one. This hat is so different from a regular St. Regis. The bow on the Supper Club is a box bow. The hat has a beautiful brim binding that I can only describe as a "reddish-brown-magenta" This hat is high quality all the way around, and I love it. THANKS Rodkins!!!

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04730.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

DSC04731.jpg

DSC04728.jpg

DSC04727.jpg

DSC04726.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, Super! I really like the blocking and bow design.

Thank you Steve! I love the way the bow looks against the brim binding. The color contrast really makes it stand out from a purely black homburg. I've never been to a "Supper Club." Maybe I will have to find one now.
:)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I just got this homburg from Rodkins. When I opened the box, I was shocked how nice the hat really is in person. Its just beautiful. The felt is pitch black and extremely soft to the touch. I had to have this hat because Ive never seen a "Supper Club" Stetson before. I've never even seen an advertisement for one. This hat is so different from a regular St. Regis. The bow on the Supper Club is a box bow. The hat has a beautiful brim binding that I can only describe as a "reddish-brown-magenta" This hat is high quality all the way around, and I love it. THANKS Rodkins!!!

You are welcome! I really loved that hat but it needed a head that could fit in it. It looks great on you. I'm glad you like it!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Wow, nice hat, I would have NEVER considered tilting a Homburg, but it looks great.

I would love one of those for stage wear! Absolutely gorgeous hat. Well done.

Great look for you Josh.

Thank you very much 1961MJS, James71, and Alan!! I tried wearing this homburg straight, but for some reason when its tilted, it just looks right. I dunno. I have a couple homburgs and none of them have as much "attitude" as this one.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Steve! I love the way the bow looks against the brim binding. The color contrast really makes it stand out from a purely black homburg. I've never been to a "Supper Club." Maybe I will have to find one now.
:)

Homburgs were pretty dressy hats in their day, hence the name of the hat model, I infer. It almost demands a suit, not even a sportcoat, in my mental map of fashions at least. Think Billy Spew out there in the U.K. So, go to a supper club in full regalia, is my thought! I don't wear homburgs, but if all of you make them popular enough, I would reconsider that.

sja

New in Town
Josh,
Love the hat, love the look. Ordered a Homburg myself and am awaiting delivery. How did you bash that one? I can see the side dents. Is it a teardrop crease in the crown?

Homburgs were pretty dressy hats in their day, hence the name of the hat model, I infer. It almost demands a suit, not even a sportcoat, in my mental map of fashions at least. Think Billy Spew out there in the U.K. So, go to a supper club in full regalia, is my thought! I don't wear homburgs, but if all of you make them popular enough, I would reconsider that.

In general yes but there are vintage examples of them being worn in casual settings too. Today most people wouldn't even know the difference. You might get the Godfather gangster line.

Josh,
Love the hat, love the look. Ordered a Homburg myself and am awaiting delivery. How did you bash that one? I can see the side dents. Is it a teardrop crease in the crown?

Center (Fedora) crease. With or without side dents. If side dents avoid narrow pinch.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
In general yes but there are vintage examples of them being worn in casual settings too. Today most people wouldn't even know the difference. You might get the Godfather gangster line.

I think I would take it as a compliment if someone called me "The Godfather." I figure there's a lot worse things that someone could call me....LOL. ;):)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh,

Center (Fedora) crease. With or without side dents. If side dents avoid narrow pinch.

sja, Steve is exactly on the mark with his description. I think anything but a center crease on an Homburg just looks weird. That crease that I put into the hat was just a quick dry crease for the pictures. I usually like a very thin and deep center dent with my Homburgs, but any variation of the center dent will do. As far as how deep the dent can go, that's really a matter of how tall the crown is. As far as pinches go, just like Steve said, avoid narrow and sharp pinches. If you are going to use front pinches, I always like wide bold pinches or possibly side dents for that authentic 20's/30's look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe