Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Dating 1930's-ish Hercules Half Belt

m.a.g.vintage

New in Town
Hello good people! I have just purchased this jacket for myself and was wondering if someone could help me with dating this piece? Seems to have remnants of the "Giant Label" that has been torn from years of wear, and maybe a replaced zipper from a later year? Have been scouring the internet for catalog pictures and old photos to no avail other than button front mackinaw styles from seemingly the same era. Educate me please!

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• HERCULES .png
    HERCULES .png
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • HERC2.png
    HERC2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • HERC3.png
    HERC3.png
    789.5 KB · Views: 18

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hello good people! I have just purchased this jacket for myself and was wondering if someone could help me with dating this piece? Seems to have remnants of the "Giant Label" that has been torn from years of wear, and maybe a replaced zipper from a later year? Have been scouring the internet for catalog pictures and old photos to no avail other than button front mackinaw styles from seemingly the same era. Educate me please!

Thanks in advance!!
Just my view. The jacket looks mid 50s. The zipper could tell a big story if it is original to the jacket. If you can, please post images of front and back of zipper slider and box. An Image of the front of the zipper's pull will also help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insinity