Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

RickP

Practically Family
Ran across one of the Paradise Found shirts just like Tom Selleck wore in the Magnum PI tv series (Finally found one that wasnt asking full retail lol). Trying to figure if it goes best with Bound edge of the Hemp Stratoliner, or the unbound Stetson Hemp Bristol with the wider ribbon. Nothing against Tom Selleck, but I think a brimmed hat looks better with it than an old baseball cap. Got the shirt...got a mustache.... now I just need a beach house and a Ferrari

Compress_20240720_073343_3348.jpg
Compress_20240720_073342_2843.jpg

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
Ran across one of the Paradise Found shirts just like Tom Selleck wore in the Magnum PI tv series (Finally found one that wasnt asking full retail lol). Trying to figure if it goes best with Bound edge of the Hemp Stratoliner, or the unbound Stetson Hemp Bristol with the wider ribbon. Nothing against Tom Selleck, but I think a brimmed hat looks better with it than an old baseball cap. Got the shirt...got a mustache.... now I just need a beach house and a Ferrari

View attachment 628032 View attachment 628033

Both look good, but I really like the bound edge!

And here, for you, this is the updated Magnum car (Robin 2)
IMG_4239.jpeg

RickP

Practically Family
Ive got a stack of hemp stratoliners ( and one Bristol) taking their turn on the brim flange under steam today. A few had a bit more upward curl than I liked. Flattening them out just a hair. I love a snap brim but I dont need it to rise up an inch and a half lol. Ive found that a tad bit of flattening really helps keep the front brim on these a bit less wonkey. DO love a nice contrasting bound edge on them

Compress_20240720_132722_2042.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Please let Miss Tina know that we admire her work, as always!
shirts and co 004.JPG shirts and co 006.JPG shirts and co 008.JPG shirts and co 011.JPG shirts and co 028.JPG
The lady is particularly good at pattern matching, seen here with these examples. When buttoned the pattern on both front panels line up perfectly, and the breast pocket all but disappears. To achieve that means more fabric than suggested on the pattern. Who am I to whinge at the cost? All my shirts are made to such detail.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Tina is tremendously talented
Tina still gets bashful at compliments, something that I find very endearing. I passed your comment on, she simply smiled and whispered a thank you.

new trousers gamboa hat 002.JPG new trousers gamboa hat 003.JPG new trousers gamboa hat 004.JPG
Today's weather is a comfortable 70F. Perfect for Aloha shirt, straw Panama and two tone spectator shoes. The wide bottom trousers with the turned up cuff are straight off the lady's sewing machine, as is the shirt, of course.

Tomorrow we have rain predicted but the sunshine returns next week allowing us to take our vintage MG on a 100 mile journey. We have been invited to display the car at Summertime Swing:

RickP

Practically Family
As others have said... many compliments to the better half for lining up the pattern halfs so well... it really makes the shirts clean looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld