Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Mr. GHT.....

(1) Kudos to Mrs. GHT for that EXCELLENT shirt, both in fabric choice and construction!

(2) You sir, are a man after my own heart with the aloha shirt/leather jacket pairing.

(3) Any chance of a shot of all this in action??

Cheers to you and yours!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Any chance of a shot of all this in action?
We were really pushed for time over the Christmas holidays, my wife didn't have time to make a shirt, instead she bought and giftwrapped two wonderful lengths of tropical pattered material. She's working on the second shirt right now. Here's her first effort.

The short sleeves, at this time of year, in the northern hemisphere, might be wishful thinking.

But a warm leather jacket means I can still wear these shirts in the winter months, even if it does attact the odd look or two.

The second shirt is well on the way to completion. Watch this space.

Lando

Practically Family
That's a good luck sir. I may have to try that out. My problem is my shirt sleeves won't fit into the narrow sleeves of my jackets.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Lando, I had a similar problem with the shop bought shirts that I have. Wearing the shirts in the colder months wasn't wise without something warm underneath. I like to wear a V-neck tee-shirt, the V neck means the tee-shirt is hidden but the problem that I had was the sleeves. The tee-shirt would protrude a half inch or so from the sleeve hem of the shirt. It made the whole appearance look stupid, but with my wife's made to measure shirts, the sleeves were designed to be, that inch or so longer, to hide the tee-shirt sleeves. I hope I've explained the gist of that sufficiently, re-reading it, the word sleeves seems to crop up every other word!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Facebook is totally alien to me, so imagine my surprise to get an email with a link that took me to the site. There was your's truly, posing next to his car, depicted by an artist's sketch, taken from a photo.

Fellas, I was wearing a tropical shirt & fedora, although the hat was a fedora panama.
GHT on Facebook, in tropical shirt and fedora.

Cool! You've been immortalized for the ages.
Looks like a great event. I wish we had stuff like that here.
Thanks for singlehandedly keeping this thread alive lately, man.

GregNYC

One Too Many
GHT, I'm sorry, I hadn't visited this thread in a while. I'm sorry to have missed your wonderful message!! Great shirt! Where did your wife find that fabric!! I'm starting to think about the summer again. I've made my travel reservations for next December's Hawaii trip. I'll have more Panamas too!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In about a month's time, my wife and I will be attending the wedding of one of her former paramedic colleagues. The bride asked everyone to wear something orange. My wife found a lovely orange, silk flower display, on a clip, to wear in her hair.
She also found an orange single matching silk flower that I could wear as a button hole.

It's my guess that most of the fellas will turn up wearing an orange tie, I like to be different, so: When thinking of where to put that single flower, I clipped it into the hatband of the lid that I will be wearing on the day. And do you know, it looked quite good, I also have an almost matching orange and white floral shirt.

Fedora & Hawaiian shirts, at a wedding, with a flower in the hatband. I need to check it out with the bride. she might just be won over. Did I mention that my old MG will be her wedding car? If she's happy with the idea, I'll post the pics. But you going to have to wait a month.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Some of the shirts in my wardrobe are anything but tropical, they are more for special occasions. This one, she made me, for a special Halloween party. But every now and then I will wear it just for the shock value, especially if I do the weekly shop. When I go into the store my leather is zipped up, but with the store's heat, I just need to loosen up a tad.

The figures are those of the famous pin up artist: Gil Elvgren, gents you have permission to look closely at the close up, look closer at the expanse of thigh above her stocking. You are not being a dirty old man, you are admiring my wife's talent at getting the two front panels and the shirt's pocket, to match, perfectly: But if you should have an ulterior agenda, you have the perfect excuse if you get caught!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe