Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Goose.

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
My only Hawaiian shirt ...
Well, it's certainly a nice one :eusa_clap

Nice hats and shirts gentlemen. Nice to see everyone in relaxing shirts with nice lids.

Today it was a Reyn Spooner. Got it because the dog on the surfboard reminded me of my beagle. Well, probably would've picked it up regardless.
Wore it with my Akubra Sydney. Haven't worn the Sydney for awhile. When I do, I continue to be amazed with how light and soft it is.

Poor pic, but it gave me an excuse to post ;)

567663865_R4DiV-M-1.jpg
567660788_R75Ce-S.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ewa . . . OT

:eek:fftopic:
Chasseur said:
Thanks Colby!
Goose, I love Waimea as well. Beautiful place! Much prettier than the Ewa plain I live on now... Yeah I bought my brother one of those FBI shirts :D
Just to insert an OT comment. I spent a wonderful week at Ewa Beach Shooting Range in 1969, when I was in the Marine Corps. Maybe the neighborhood is not the most scenic in Hawaii (I wouldn't know not really having seen it). But Ewa Beach in 1969 was like Paradise within Paradise. We lived in simple barracks near the water. The area was quiet and park like, with lovely trees all around. The bugle went off at about 6 AM. We went to chow, spent the morning snapping in, etc. I don't even remember if it was 1 week or 2, Must have been 2.
Being near Pearl Harbor, we would sit and pull butts while the others shot, with our back to the ocean, watching B-47's coming in for a landing at Hickam Field, with the drogue shoots deployed behind them, and in the early morning mists we'd watch the ships going out to sea. I remember the USS Boston going out one day.
I guess I shot Marksman, just qualified on my M-14. But the experience is one of my fondest memories of my time in Hawaii.
I visited the North Shore a few times, too. Waimea was not much more than a wide spot in the road in those days, with the world's greatest surfing right there. And Haleiwa was also in its pre condo mania pristine elegance.
Sigh. Gotta go back.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
:eek:fftopic:

Just to insert an OT comment. I spent a wonderful week at Ewa Beach Shooting Range in 1969, when I was in the Marine Corps. Maybe the neighborhood is not the most scenic in Hawaii (I wouldn't know not really having seen it). But Ewa Beach in 1969 was like Paradise within Paradise. We lived in simple barracks near the water. The area was quiet and park like, with lovely trees all around. The bugle went off at about 6 AM. We went to chow, spent the morning snapping in, etc. I don't even remember if it was 1 week or 2, Must have been 2.
Being near Pearl Harbor, we would sit and pull butts while the others shot, with our back to the ocean, watching B-47's coming in for a landing at Hickam Field, with the drogue shoots deployed behind them, and in the early morning mists we'd watch the ships going out to sea. I remember the USS Boston going out one day.
I guess I shot Marksman, just qualified on my M-14. But the experience is one of my fondest memories of my time in Hawaii.
I visited the North Shore a few times, too. Waimea was not much more than a wide spot in the road in those days, with the world's greatest surfing right there. And Haleiwa was also in its pre condo mania pristine elegance.
Sigh. Gotta go back.

I lived there in 1959-60. My daddy was stationed at the Naval Air Station, and I went to school on the Base (6th grade). We lived off base in Leeward estates. :)

Goose.

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
I lived there in 1959-60. My daddy was stationed at the Naval Air Station, and I went to school on the Base (6th grade). We lived off base in Leeward estates. :)
We were there at the same time :) I lived in NHA-3 outside of Hickham AFB at that time however.
handlebar bart said:
I think you are okay[huh]
HarpPlayerGene said:
I ain't arguing with him. :D
Yep. Works for me. IC could say he's wearing flip flops for the aloha thread and I'm guessing there'd be no protest ;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wore this yesterday, but may as well post it here (before Duggap changes his mind...:eek: :eek: :D)

This shirt is from Kahala...

KnoxPanama5.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Nice Jimmy, but I am wondering if you used the dog for the luau? We haven't seen him around!:eek:

Perish the thought!!! lol

I appreciate your concern, Indy. The dog has been moved to the perimeter to guard against a potential appearance by duggap in his Hawaiian Speedo...:D :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd say this thread has gone to the dogs with talk of speedos and crocs and such, but it appears the dog has seen enough and disappeared too. lol lol lol

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I'd say this thread has gone to the dogs with talk of speedos and crocs and such, but it appears the dog has seen enough and disappeared too. lol lol lol

Actually, when I mentioned his new assignment to him, he whimpered and ran off into the woods...[huh]

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe