Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Conversions and Refurbs by John Galt

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Thanks, John, for helping me to keep my head warm this morning. The old Worth & Worth does its job well during this cool snap in Atlanta.

'Scuse the unshaven look. Growing out my beard for a Halloween costume.

3d95a988529708abaf172acb3c119b2b.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That came out really nice, S-4-C. I like that one. Gotta show my Nutria again. I really like the felt quality on this. John did a fabulous job converting it. Also, here's a Rounding Jack that John sent me to help get me started on doing my own conversions. Both John G. and kingrat have been helping me in my search for some hat blocks...

Nutria_Felt_05.jpg

Nutria_Felt_01.jpg

Nutria_Felt_02.jpg

Nutria_Felt_03.jpg

Here's the Rounding Jack I got from John...

Rounding_Jack.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Conversions and refurbs by John Galt

Here ya go Joao.Twice the horror.

Those are some fine looking cutting tools DOGMAN. I bet they could cut down a 4 inches wide Stagecoach brim with no problem at all! Did I just hear somebody yelling out in their sleep? ;)

kingrat

One of the Regulars
The rounding jacks look great but what does this have to do with Conversions and Refurbs ?

Lotsahats

One Too Many
The rounding jacks look great but what does this have to do with Conversions and Refurbs ?

Really? As Terry pointed out, John sent it to him. It's a demonstration of John's willingness to empower and assist his clients.

Seriously, kingrat, whatever it is you're carrying against John, take Elsa's advice and let it go.

A

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I say burn them and end that cruelty towards me!

Well usually a western conversion to fedoras sadly involves a rounding jack and that one was offered by John Galt?

But then again it would make a good fire.

Last edited:

kingrat

One of the Regulars
Really? As Terry pointed out, John sent it to him. It's a demonstration of John's willingness to empower and assist his clients.

Seriously, kingrat, whatever it is you're carrying against John, take Elsa's advice and let it go.

A
Really?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82