Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handkerchiefs and Pocket Squares

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Feraud said:
Brown suit and black handkerchief... thoughts?
DSC02030.jpg

It works...

I think black suit and brown hankerchief would be much harder to pull off.

Erik

One of the Regulars
I know a gent or two who creases theirs into shape with the help of an iron. Cotton only, though, if you decide on that route.

Show us your POCKET SQUARES

That all important finishing device, an item the best dressed gents of the Golden Age wouldn't be caught without.

Material, pattern, color and fold -- or sans square -- it all means something about who you are.

kschurch

Vendor
Doupioni Silk - My favorite!

th_jodpur.jpg

th_checkers.jpg

th_coral.jpg

Hey CB...I'm glad you started this thread! I have many pocket squares, but my favorites are a couple I bought in a little shop in London a few years back. They are made from doupioni silk and have a great crispness to them. They make wonderful shapes that last all day.

I was unable to find them here in the States, so the ones pictured above are ones I made myself from doupioni silk purchased from the local fabric store. Once one figures out how to work the machine, they are quite easy to produce.

I kind of like the informal points. I just stuff it in my pocket until it takes on a satisfactory shape and then leave it. Sprezzatura!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm a big fan of white linen handkerchiefs aka pocket squares

I'm especially attracted to those which have drawn hems. These are vintage Irish linen from my grandfather, who kept a steady supply coming from the old sod. He would always carry three handkerchiefs on him; one for show, one to blow and one to wipe his brow. My father followed suit, as have I, consequently I've accrued a whole bunch of white linen hankies. [huh] I mean pocket squares. :eusa_doh:

Shoes244.jpg

kschurch

Vendor
Love the linen too.

Tomasso said:
One doesn't even need a machine, check this out.

BTW, nice pocket squares.

th_Cruise2.jpg

Hey Tomasso,

Thanks for the link! I'll have to give that method a try. I have some silk that has been sitting around for awhile waiting for a project. Have you attempted this yourself?

Also, I agree that white linen is wonderful...always in style!

Thanks again,

Church

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe