Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Guys) What's in your wallet...I mean pockets

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
What pocket do you carry it in?

OK, I'll start:

Left front pants: money clip, card carrier, pocket knife, nitro
Right front: change, keys
Right back: handkerchief (white cotton)
left back: nothin
shirt pocket: pen, cell

No longer wear suits, but when I did, inside left breast, daytimer
Inside right: plane tickets

And many years ago: right coat pocket: cigs
Left coat: lighter

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Pants
Right front pocket: keys
Left back pocket: wallet

Shirt
Left chest pocket: glasses (sometimes)

Lab Coat
Right outside pocket: trauma shears, tuning fork, reflex hammer, EKG calipers, monofilament
Right inside pocket: meal tickets
Left chest pocket: business cards, 2 black pens, ID tag clip
Left outside pocket: scrap paper
Left inside pocket: Maxwell's pocket guide, Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia, dictation line instructions, hospital antibiotic sensitivity pattern guide, permanent marker, highlighter, pen light

Coat/Jacket
Left inside pocket: sunglasses (seasonal)
Left outside pocket: left glove (seasonal)
Rigt outside pocket: right glove (seasonal)

Cody Pendant

One of the Regulars
Where did I put that?

Pants:
left front pocket: hankey, loose bills,
right front pocket : cell phone, change, keys, spider-co knife
right rear Pocket: wallet
left rear pocket: comb, sometimes checkbook
Coat/jacket:
suit coat front outside pocket: pocket square
coat inside left: hankey, Pen
coat inside right: checkbook, survival kit

donCarlos

Practically Family
Pants:
Left - MP3 player
Right - keys

Jacket:
Inner left pocket -wallet (usually empty :) )
Inner right pocket - cell phone
Outer pocket occasionally accommodate my pipe and tobacco and chewing gums.
Chest pocket - pocket square (sometimes) and glasses (almost all the time)

Coat (only in winter):
Left pocket: scarf
Right pocket: gloves

Everything else goes to my laptop case.

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Bourbon Guy said:
And many years ago: right coat pocket: cigs
Left coat: lighter

Congratulations! What helped you stop? Did it have anything to do with the last item in your left front pants pocket?

The contents of a pocket can tell the contents of a life.

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
When I'm wearing just a shirt and trousers:

Front right: Wallet and comb.

Front left: Phone and handkerchief (clean).

Back left: Handkerchief (for "personal use").

Shirt breast pocket (when applicable): Pen.

When wearing a jacket:

Pen, wallet, comb, phone in the interior pockets; trousers hold my handkerchieves. Breast pocket holds my pocket square.

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
BlindeMan said:
Congratulations! What helped you stop? Did it have anything to do with the last item in your left front pants pocket?

The contents of a pocket can tell the contents of a life.

Tried to post a longer answer, but it wouldn't take. Short answer is "yes." Gets one's attention real quick.

DerMann

Practically Family
Starting from the ground-up, I suppose.

Pants pockets:

Back right- handkerchief

Shirt pocket:

Breast pocket - lighter (usually Zippo or IMCO) and pipe tool

Jacket pockets:

Outside left - comb
Outside right - key chain with flash drive and pocket knife
Inside left - cell phone and fountain pen
Inside Right - wallet (large chequebook size wallet)

Not much else, though. If I'm smoking, my pipe & tobacco go in my outer left pocket on my jacket.

If I didn't wear a jacket daily, I'd be at a loss for places to store my stuff :/

Chrome

One of the Regulars
I'm wandering light.

Front right: keyes
Rear right: comb, wallet
pocket watch pocket: my small cellphone

Amazing thing that somebody in early century build those smart pockets for our modern phones :D

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
With all the stuff in everyone's pockets, I want to merge this with the "Man Purse" thread! ;) lol

Personally, I try to keep nothing in my pants pockets because I just don't like the feeling of having objects there. This is why I almost always wear some sort of jacket. So, for me, it's fountain pen and wallet in inside breast pocket, house keys and car key, which are separate, in my right jacket pocket, and that is it.

ortega76

Practically Family
Today, like many days in the office, I'm wearing jeans with a shirt, tie, sweater vest and sport coat. In my pants I have my car keys (back pocket), my money clip with my ID, credit card and dollar bills and my lighter. In my sport coat, I have my cigar cutter and cell phone. In my top coat is my pocket knife and house keys.

Edward

Bartender
Things I always have on me:

Wallet, mobile phone, Oyster card carrier (London transport smartcard system), keys

Keys typically go in the right hand trouser pocket, attached to a chain which clips to my belt. Long enough so as save to change them from one pair to another they don't need removed, as I'm less likely to lose them that way.

Oyster card goes in my left hand trouser pocket, along with loose change and tissues (pocket square for show only!).

Everything else varies.... I prefer to keep a wallet in my jacket if I can, rather than in the trousers. Mobile goes in my shirt pocket, in a jacket pocket, or (ideally, when properly dressed) in a waistcoat pocket. Pens the same. If I need to carry anything much more than that, a bag goes with me. Especially in Summer in those days when it's just too hot for a jacket - I absolutely loathe ending up with ridiculously stuffed trosuer pockets for lack of secure storage elsewhere.

morgan

New in Town
Mine changes depending if I'm at work or not:

Pants
front left: change and cell phone
front right: pocket knife,mustache wax, and keys
rear left: wallet
rear right: hanky

when I'm at work I remove my cell phone, keys and wax and leave them in my work van and I don't carry the hanky.

Shirt-Uniball Vision fine in blue and small notebook

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Oyster Card

carebear said:
What's an oyster card?
The Oyster card is a form of electronic ticketing used on public transport services within the Greater London area of the United Kingdom.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyster_card
424px-Oyster_front.svg.png

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Pocket Litter

I am one of those folks who carries the same thing in the same pockets all the time. If something is missing or in the wrong pocket, I can tell...something is just wrong...

Left Front: Swiss Army Knife, Chapstick
Right Front: Fairly large wad of keys with small light, any spare change I might have, and a Benchmade "Griptillian" knife.
Left Rear: Wallet and comb (comb to the butt-cheek side)
Right rear: Generally, nothing, unless I am not wearing a jacket. If that's the case, that's where I carry my cell phone.
On belt: Either a Glock 19 and spare mag in Kramer leather, or a Colt Cobra and spare ammo in leather by the same maker. This is why I am usually wearing a jacket of some sort. The jacket will contain my cell phone (inside pocket), and my left jacket pocket will have some sort of small, very bright light. As I type this, it is a SureFire Executive. The flashlights are important. Bad things happen in the dark. Generally speaking, a flashlight is a lot like a firearm: if you need it, you need it badly, and you need it NOW.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Schrade pocketknife (before the damn Chinese ones...), Keys, razor knife, ink pen, billfold. And if the pants permit, sometimes a .38. Checkbook only when I am going to the bank.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe