Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gordon's Wine Bar

dnjan

One Too Many
We had a lunch at Gordon's, and it was very nice. We ate outside (enjoying the weather), but I thought the inside cave-like character would be very interesting in bad weather.
Nice selection of wines, and a very nice selection of cheeses.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
dnjan said:
We had a lunch at Gordon's, and it was very nice. We ate outside (enjoying the weather), but I thought the inside cave-like character would be very interesting in bad weather.
Nice selection of wines, and a very nice selection of cheeses.

Glad you managed to get a seat and that you had a nice time. :)

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks!

We also had a very nice dinner at the previously-mentioned Terriors. The items made from the preserved meats (sorry - can't remember the correct word right now) were excellent. And a good (though a bit pricier) selection of wines as well.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
dnjan said:
Thanks!

We also had a very nice dinner at the previously-mentioned Terriors. The items made from the preserved meats (sorry - can't remember the correct word right now) were excellent. And a good (though a bit pricier) selection of wines as well.

Charcuterie?

Did you get very far from Charing Cross station at all? Maybe as far as Trafalgar Square? lol Glad you had a nice time.

dnjan

One Too Many
That's the word!

We did walk around some, but ended up doing most of our dining within about a 15-minute walk from Charing Cross. Most of the walking was along the river.

We really need to get back to spend some time in London (as well as out-side of London!), but this trip kind of sucked the life out of the travel budget for a while. Oh well, most people only get one 25th wedding anniversary, so we kind of splurged on this one. When I finally get a chance to process the pictures on my camera, I'll be making an entry in the Steamer Trunk about our Venice-Simplon Orient Express trip from London to Venice.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I'm really looking forward to that!

My sister in law wrote her thesis on the Orient Express (where Art Deco met Modernity on the Orient Express and Queen Mary, in fact) and since I read it I've been wanting to see the Orient Express!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe