Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gin Lovers Unite!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My bored bartender buddy got me on a new gin drink to mix it up a bit.

Singapore Sling.

Fortunately I'm both genuinely tough AND secure in my manhood, so I can sip fruity drinks without feeling threatened. :D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:
Great idea! Make sure to give us details after your sampling. It promises to be very eye opening.

Rest assured, I will take copious notes. Hopefully Neil remembers & comes through to bring back some shining examples to sample. It's something we'll do in late August or September. I'll be sure to post my results when I can.

Cheers!

Dan

Nipper

New in Town
Dutch courageous

Oude Jenevers does it for me - straight out of the freezer with a twist of lime. Somehow, it's even better when you have one in Amsterdam.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Flavoured Gin

Lancealot said:
I just received a 1941 copy of Mr Bostons today and noticed in the front they have a add for orange flavored Gin. That made me wonder is there a company out that still makes this?

Yes, Seagrams.

I believe they also do, Lime, Grape, Apple and Raspberry. (I think the Grape one is awful).

Tanqueray Rangpur - Rangpur Lime
Baffertt's Mint Gin
Brockman's - Berry, specifically blackberry (I think).
Perigrins Cannabis?? Gin (No, this isn't a joke).
Boudier's Saffron Gin

Beefeater, in the past, have produced, Lemon, Lime, Orange and Pear (Beefeater Wet) flavoured gin.
Gordon's, in the past, have made; Orange, Lemon, Mint and Grapefruit (a gentleman has mentioned this already on this thread).

There are a lot of brands, including Gordon's, that make Sloe Gin - but this is a slightly different product those mentioned above, still lovely though. :)

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
Gin! My very favourite beverage!

I use Plymouth or Bombay Sapphire for cocktails and like Hendricks for just plain G&T although a Hendricks G&T is lovely with a slice of cucumber instead of a slice of lemon, very refreshing on a Sunday afternoon. Dubonnet and Gin mixed in a 7:3 ratio is also very refreshing and a favourite tipple of the Queen (and her late mother).

Cheers!

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Tried New Amsterdam last night. It's not bad for the price, but it's a bit vodka-like for my taste. Which may be what some people find appealing. I suppose i should have known when the sweet boy at the liquor store said it was great, but that he only drinks G&T's, as he prefers a vodka martini.

So, not bad for a G&T, though it lacks some of the really appealing flavor of one with Sapphire or Hendricks. I'm not sure i'm interested in trying it in a martini. That's, of course, probably not true - i can't help my curiosity, so i imagine i will try it, but i haven't high hopes.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John in Covina said:
Most people I know use the term "airline bottles" for those nips.

And those miniatures camoflage quite well in your baggie of 3 oz. or less toiletries with carry-on. Saves a fortune on airline prices and Bombay Sapphire in the little blue bottles never gets a second look...or so I'm told.:D

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Mini Bottles

Ethan Bentley said:
some are great

Yes they are. ;)

Legendreminiselectioncopy.jpg

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Old post but...

K.D. Lightner said:
Question: has anyone here ever had a martini with caperberries in it?

No, but sounds interesting! I love caper berries, I think they are more interesting than (common canned) olives, I must try this.

A caperberry is a hybrid cross between an olive and a caper.

I am afraid that is not correct ;) it may look like it, but it isn't. A caper and a caper berry come from the same plant, a bush. The caper is the bud, and the berry is the fruit :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ladybrettashley said:
Tried New Amsterdam last night. It's not bad for the price, but it's a bit vodka-like for my taste. Which may be what some people find appealing. I suppose i should have known when the sweet boy at the liquor store said it was great, but that he only drinks G&T's, as he prefers a vodka martini.

So, not bad for a G&T, though it lacks some of the really appealing flavor of one with Sapphire or Hendricks. I'm not sure i'm interested in trying it in a martini. That's, of course, probably not true - i can't help my curiosity, so i imagine i will try it, but i haven't high hopes.

I just got some New Amsterdam and I love it! Before this bottle, I had been mostly drinking Plymouth, or Sapphire if they were out of Plymouth. The New Amsterdam makes a fabulous Tom Collins, which is my gin drink of choice.

cupcake

Familiar Face
I once had a g&t made from a cucumber infused gin (or so I was told) with a slice of cucumber.
Can anybody help me out with the name of this gin?

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
cupcake said:
I once had a g&t made from a cucumber infused gin (or so I was told) with a slice of cucumber.
Can anybody help me out with the name of this gin?

Cupcake, welcome to the Lounge.
Sounds like Hendrick's to me.

Although not cucumber-infused Martin Miller's Gin has a strong cucumber flavour and is rather lovely.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I just got some New Amsterdam and I love it! Before this bottle, I had been mostly drinking Plymouth, or Sapphire if they were out of Plymouth. The New Amsterdam makes a fabulous Tom Collins, which is my gin drink of choice.

It's in rather good isn't it? Lovely Gin & Tonic, lovely Martini.
I agree with its critics that it is quite smooth but this is something that I like about it.

PoohBang said:
Any Plymouth Gin Lovers out there?

Yes indeed, a good staple of any cocktail cabinet; The Navy strength is a favourite of Mrs. B and well worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust