Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

WolfeMan said:
Brought back from Germany by my sister.

Thanks for posting it! It is a modern Trachtenhut from Oberstdorf, Germany. I found the maker listed but have no idea of the his status.

Hans Kreuzer
Hauptstr. 12
87561 Oberstdorf

08322 21 54

150719541 said:
Steve will be happy to see another babarian.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Yes I am one of those too! :)

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
My black Mayser

Love this wee hat - found it crunched up in a tub of otherwise horrible old hats in Urban Outfitters on Buchanan street - price £4. When I got to the till the GODDESS behind it gave me it for £2! I should have proposed marriage there and then! ;)

It did have a revolting buff-coloured felt ribbon (pictured below), which I have removed and replaced - I'm still thinking about getting some slightly better quality (and about 1/4" broader) grosgrain to put on it, but here it is for now.

The thumbs lead to bigger images.

Best idea of the colour

Sweatband (It also says 'Ziller' at the front)

Lining

The horrid brown band

Thanks for posting! :eusa_clap

I actually like the original felted ribbon. :) Your new one looks fine too.

This Mayser velour looks to be from the 1970s maybe a bit newer or bit older.

One Too Many
Thanks¡¡¡

Dreispitz said:
BaVVVVVVarian!
Sorry Boys¡¡¡
I am always learning something new, thanks, I will not never forget. Sometimes I am wrong, sometimes touch wrong, v and b are neighborns.
"Bavarian", Bavarian, Bavarian, ..... How many times Mr. Dreispitz?
:D :D :D no, no,no, really I am sorry and thanks.

Halban & Damask Wien Hat Display Stand

This is the restored version of the Halban & Damask Wien Hat Display stand. It is made of brass with a copper finish. There were some scratches on the copper finish that couldn't be fixed but I think it looks nice plus very unique. At least I haven't seen anything like it. :) Probably from just before WWI so displayed with a period Hückel Melone.

4986790674_c77d6206bd_b.jpg

4986791016_9d67f370e8_b.jpg

4986790792_8b0ea95b4f_b.jpg

4986790926_e90a3588fb_b.jpg

One Too Many
Yes It is ¡¡¡¡

I believe which this picture and displayer are the only in all the lounge, thanks for posting, now I begin to think making something like that, congratulations Steve, your hat passion is wonderful, thanks again.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One Too Many
hatophile said:
I was wondering why he was calling you a barbarian.:eusa_doh:
Yes, It was a great mistake, I am sometimes inspecting when I am writing because english is not my idiom, but this was a "touch finger mistake" and not review after, Dreispitz made me it, althought I was all flushed also smiling.
I think like mexican when you write in spanish "mexicano" or "mexinaco" the second word a bad word.:D :D :D :D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I figured this is the best place to showcase this hat. This is one that my Pop bought back in the late 1950's early 1960's up in Vancouver, British Columbia. It is a Morgan. Not a hat brand that I'm familiar with. I've loved this hat since childhood though & he finally gave it to me. Imagine my excitement.
100_4826.jpg

100_4829.jpg

100_5158.jpg

100_5765.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Thank you posting it. :eusa_clap The Tyrol - Alpen style was popular at that time as a sport hat.

Thanks! Yeah, I think I could see me trying out cross country skiing or upland game hunting wearing it.Who knows? I think the hunting pin & brush were something my Pop picked up in Germany when he was stationed there from 1951 to 1953 because they don't seem original to the hat. For my lifetime my Pop never wore it, not even on special occasions. Not sure why. I think I was the only one to pull it out from time to time but never had the nerve to ask my Dad if i could wear it out & about. It was his after all. I was just so pleased to get it finally & it will get worn more often, especially in the fall & winter.

Cheers!

Dan

One Too Many
Nice Hat ¡¡¡¡

DanielJones said:
I figured this is the best place to showcase this hat. This is one that my Pop bought back in the late 1950's early 1960's up in Vancouver, British Columbia. It is a Morgan. Not a hat brand that I'm familiar with. I've loved this hat since childhood though & he finally gave it to me. Imagine my excitement.
100_4826.jpg

Cheers!

Dan
Hi Dan ¡¡¡
I have always wanted pick an Austrian like this, all are great.¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe