Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Manfred, Thanks! I have an engraver friend with presses so I might be able to test them out. That is assuming the deal goes through.

Mike, Thanks too!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
That Sounds great, Steve!
Now you are able to Print your own Catalog of Hat Logos! I am very interrested so See all the Logos.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Manfred, Thanks again!

Daniele, Roger, Raschid, Thanks!

This is probably not the most wise decision on my part but I didn't want these to end up in a museum collection. I want to test them out and have photos available online so everyone can see them. This is the real downfall of the hat museums and museums with hat related collections. They have no interest in making their collections available online. There is no photo archiving taking place as far as I know and if it was they would be worried about ridiculous copyright issues. Also in some cases a large amount of the collection sits in storage never to be displayed. Sorry for the rant!

Dave, Charlie, Thanks!

Mike, Thanks too! I am not really sure. One is of a factory building so I can't see that being for a liner logo. Could be a combination? I am open to suggestions. I will also have my engraving friend from the USBEP take a look at them when / if they arrive.

O.F. Hess "Praga", size 58cm, WWI era. I had the ribbon / bow replaced because the original was scratched beyond repair (from stacking). The felt on this hat is truly fantastic. Also great form!

20354852550_4b994e7fc9_b.jpg

20542967565_8d8774dc68_b.jpg

19532776170_4535b0a769_b.jpg

Steve! That is gorgeous. I really like the finish on the felt. I'll bet it's nice and soft. What is the brim width, it look somewhere around 2 1/4"? Also, I assume this hat came originally without a liner, due to the crown tag.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82