Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, it came out nicely. Was surprised how nice the felt is on a post-war velour. Then again, it was made at the Huckel plant!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mayser arrived today. Wow what a great hat. I am very suprised about condition and shape!
Top condition, no stains and no dust! It's a Mayser Superbe. The shape looks like a Homburger. My guess, mid 50s!
By the way, I bought the same Echter Mayser Superbe again today. The difference to that is the liner and sweatband. The color is the same, my guess!
But that is a other Story, photos if he arrives.

maysersuperbe6.jpg

maysersuperbe7.jpg

kolchak

New in Town
I love the form of the brim. I can't really explain exactly, but that color light brown is very German - hardly any reddish tone to it at all. Such a beautiful hat!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mike, thank you my friend, your words are much appreciated. I have an other Mayser superbe on the way to me.
Maybe it's the same hat or nearly the same hat with a different sweatband and lining. I could be interesting.

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
So after waiting for a couple of months I finally got another delivery again post was absolute junk but then i found this:
8572764168_c140f82a33_z.jpg

8572763466_821f7653fa_z.jpg

Its in amazing condition(considering all my hats come piled in together in 1 box), a lovely homburg, looks unworn, stitched lining, is it 60s 70s?

Wegner Super?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The Big Deal?
I bought 4 unworn and new old stock German hats. All are open Crown.
Two are Velour in Size 53 and 56 and two felt size 53 and 56.
My guess from the mid 40s to the early 50s.
Also new to me the second Mayser Superbe in Dark Brown from the 60s.
The Sweatbands are stiff and dry out over the years.The Quality of the Velour is good. The brown Prima Haarhut has a very stiff felt and has a bit longer hair.
The Rockel Velour
rockelvelour5.jpg

The Prima Haarhut
primahaarhut4.jpg

The small size 53 Velour, with some moth bites.
erockel2.jpg

The Prima Haarhut size 53, with some moth bites.
prima5.jpg

Mayser Superbe 1960
maysersuperbedunkel4.jpg

maysersuperbedunkel5.jpg

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I found this Rockel the outside is nothing that special although in a nice condition but the lining is super! Haven't seen a hat silk so colourful! Not that old says made in W Germany so pre 89
DSC_0142_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_147_1024x1024.jpg

Manfred, Great haul! I really like the look of the Rockel Prima Haarhut and ribbon design. Also great colors with the Rockel Velours. You see such styles in the late 30s but they have to be later. I am looking forward to receiving mine. The Mayser Superbe is super! I really like the felt color. I don't believe I have seen a Roman numeral used like that on a sweatband date stamp.

Paddy, Nice Rockel Trachtenhut! That is some liner! My guess is late 70s - 80s.

Last edited:
Manfred, Yes it's the RA Echter Rockel Velour. The sweatband stitching on the 56cm Velour is unique (my RA Echter Rockel Velour has it too). The 53cm Velour looks more typical. The offset of the sweatband to the liner on 58cm Velour is also unique. Does liner align with the ribbon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82