Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. <1936

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Besdor or Steven (I do not like very much alias ) I was lucky in the last few months.
I found two "fields" of Italian vintage hats completely new, others are used and of great value.
I like to please lovers of Italian hatters and if I can do something more I will be happy.
You certainly will not be lacking when opportunities for business trips to Italy, but if any hat you particularly liked I'm happy.
Believe me with all my good will, I can not find new hats enough to expand your already huge assortment ;-)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Today I found a very special Borsalino in a dark green on a fleamarket in Bonn-Germany!
A superbe high Crown and a extreme wide brim over 7 cm. I can go wrong but I guess it's a Borsalio from the 40s to early 50s.
The condition is wonderful, sweatband is soft and the felt in great condition.

Some photos!

BorsalinoLazzaro9.jpg

BorsalinoLazzaro10.jpg

BorsalinoLazzaro11.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Again fantastic! It has to be earlier than 1936 because GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C. was absorbed in 1936 by Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello SPA . I think it's from around 1930 (based on the similarities with my (1929) Echter Borsalinos (Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello SPA) out of Berlin).

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, Thanks! Probably would be called a Mode Hut (Fashion Hat). I was able to photograph an entire G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. company prospectus. Here is a photo of me wearing the hat that really shows the beautiful brim curl.

24273472759_dd6428152d_c.jpg

Just an amazing hat! I will take one in every color! LOL. I am not familiar with "Mode Hut." Was that a term used for the "non traditional" hats of the day?

[/QUOTE]
Just an amazing hat! I will take one in every color! LOL. I am not familiar with "Mode Hut." Was that a term used for the "non traditional" hats of the day?

Mode Hut means Fashion Hat. This is the way most soft felt dress hats are described in German and Austrian hat catalogs of the time period. The brim flange + curl + treatment is fairly typical (but the hat is of very high quality) of German and Austrian hats of this time period. I have a feeling the brim style was selected for the market although this style was used in Italy too (they had their own variations). I see model names but they seem to be hat company or distributor specific. Haven't seen anything like Fedora or Homburg.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Josh, Thanks! Probably would be called a Mode Hut (Fashion Hat). I was able to photograph an entire G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. company prospectus. Here is a photo of me wearing the hat that really shows the beautiful brim curl.

Simply Resplendent....and you look great wearing it....what a timeless design...If I hadn't read this, I probably would have thought a Lord's Hat...but from now on, "Mode Hut".... Tks....

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

I love that hat! Far different then many vintage hats even due to just the color of the felt and the ribbon is screaming nice! To date I have yet to find anything similar for my Husband to have in a size 7 1/2 LO.... You sure look fantastic wearing that hat as well. Nice colors in your attire for the color of the hat also!

Simply Resplendent....and you look great wearing it....what a timeless design...If I hadn't read this, I probably would have thought a Lord's Hat...but from now on, "Mode Hut".... Tks....
Thanks! Pre WWII I haven't come across any German term for such hats. Usually they call them Soft Felt Fashion Hats. I haven't come across terms like Lords Hat, Homburg or Fedora. They might have a model name that is specific to a hat company or distributor / retailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe