Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Black DB stroller jacket, belonged to RN Captain and MP

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I'm selling my black double breasted stroller jacket as it no longer fits. It's heavy black wool, fully lined, 6x2 front with flap pockets, three inside pockets, no vents, four cuff buttons two of which are functional. Dated 1959. In very good condition. This jacket belonged to the Hon. John Shirley Sandys Litchfield, OBE, RN, who was captain of the last battleship ever launched, the HMS Vanguard, and MP for Chelsea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Litchfield_(politician)

Asking $65 plus shipping.

Underarm to underarm: 21"
Shoulder to shoulder: 18.5"
Back from bottom of collar to hem: 29"
Sleeve from shoulder to cuff: 23"
Lapels: 4.25" wide

Apologies for the iffy photos, my camera doesn't like dark fabrics.

Attachments

• SAM_4873.JPG
    SAM_4873.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 110
  • SAM_4877.JPG
    SAM_4877.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 104
  • SAM_4878.JPG
    SAM_4878.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 97
  • SAM_4880.JPG
    SAM_4880.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 95
  • SAM_4882.JPG
    SAM_4882.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 118

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow what a super nice deal! Please as you know a lot about tailoring and such, can the sleeves be made longer on this or no?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
There is plenty of material to let the sleeves down by an inch or inch and a half, the upper two buttons could be moved down and new sham buttonholes made, or functional buttonholes.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Not quite enough for that. There's 2 1/4" of fabric in the cuff hem, but you couldn't let it down a full 2", there wouldn't be enough to finish the cuff and lining.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Shoot....well thank you as it is. I am sure for this low price it will sell, even more so with the lovely history behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld