Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free, Fair and Open Elections

Woul You Fix An Election?

• Never,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• It Depends...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Landslide Lyndon Johnson

He earned the ironic nickname during his 1948 run for the U.S. Senate. In that election it looked as if he had lost. But six days after Election Day, it was "discovered" in a precinct in the town of Alice that 203 people had voted at the last minute and 202 voted for Johnson. These 203 also voted in alphbetical order. His opponent, Governor Coke Stevenson took it to court but U.S. Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black upheld the result. Johnson was declared to have won by 87 votes. It was only in 1977, four years after Johnson's death, that the election "judge" in Alice admitted that he had helped rig the election.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And we know that then shadowy Mayor Daley in Chicago had close associates that were sentenced for election fixing in the 1960 presidential race. The dead literally rose and voted for Kennedy.lol lol lol

airfrogusmc

Suspended
WESH, the CBS-TV affiliate in Central Florida, ran a story this week that explains how simple it was to hack Florida's Diebold voting machines in 2000, which is exactly how Bush was able to claim he "won" that state-- and hence the national election-- even though he had far fewer votes than Al Gore, the man who actually was elected President in 2000. Under the innocuous title, "Elections Official: Some Voting Machines Could Be Hacked," WESH offers another underpinning to what all Americans who cared to look into it know: that Bush stole the presidential election in 2000.

"Voting machines used in four Central Florida counties might be flawed," the report starts. "There's new evidence that computer hackers could change election results without anyone knowing about it.
The supervisor of elections in Tallahassee tested voting machines several times over the last several months, and on Monday, his workers were able to hack into a voting machine and change the outcome. He said that same thing might have happened in Volusia County in 2000... In other words, someone could fix an election and no one would know."

"The expert that we used simply programmed it on his laptop in his hotel room," explained Ion Sancho, Leon County Supervisor of Elections, who started investigating the problem after watching the votes come in during the infamous 2000 presidential election. "In Volusia County precinct 216, a memory card added more than 200 votes to George W. Bush's total and subtracted 16,000 votes from Al Gore. Sancho is certain that this is exactly how Bush won so many more votes in Florida than were cast for him by actual voters. "Someone with access to the vote center in Volusia County put it on a memory card and uploaded it into the main system," Sancho said. Florida's crooked Secretary of State at the time was Katherine Harris. Aside for being responsible for Florida's elections, she was also Bush's Florida campaign manager. To this day Sancho said he's gotten no cooperation from either Diebold or from the Florida secretary of state's office.

Florida's Acting Secretary of State is a crooked partisan hack, eager to stamp out any remnants of democracy left in the state and award as many elections as feasible to Republicans. He claims he is "confident that those machines will carry on an election when they're used within the context of the security parameters that all supervisors follow."

WESH reports that these "concerns come on the heels of the resignation of Diebold CEO Wally O'Dell, a Republican fundraiser and staunch Bush supporter. Diebolds were used in Florida and Ohio in 2004, and skeptics are raising a lot of questions." 30 Florida counties have been using the Republican-controlled vote counting machines. (Keep in mind, particularly in light how completely Stalinist the Republican party has become in the last decade, Stalin's famous quote about elections: "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.")

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I believe that Volusia County has a majority Democrat registration. And Orange County (Orlando) went to Bush in 2000.:eek:

Now flashback to 1960;

FBI records reveal that in a secret meeting with mobster Sam Giancana, the notorious Chicago godfather agreed to bankroll the Kennedy campaign in return for promised assistance in federal investigations. Giancana's money went to bribe election officials into doing what they had to do to get out the vote for Kennedy.:eek:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Venturing off topic

airfrogusmc said:
I guess we should all be grateful for the mob because if Nixon was in the White House during the Cuban missile crisis we might not be here today.

It was Kennedy's weakness that led to the Cuban missile crisis and the construction of the Berlin Wall. Having dealt with Nixon in the Eisenhower Administration, Khruschev would not have attempted to place nukes in Cuba. It also helped that Khruschev thought Fidel was a nut when he implored Khruschev to nuke the U.S. and if Cuba was destroyed in the process then so be it. But, let's not get too much :eek:fftopic: :D

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
airfrogusmc said:
"Elections Official: Some Voting Machines Could Be Hacked,"WESH offers another underpinning to what all Americans who cared to look into it know: that Bush stole the presidential election in 2000.
"Voting machines used in four Central Florida counties might be flawed," the report starts. "There's new evidence that computer hackers could change election results without anyone knowing about it...

He said that same thing might have happened in Volusia County in 2000... In other words, someone could fix an election and no one would know."

Could be... Might be... Might have happened... Gimme a break. If you are going to accuse someone of a serious crime, I would hope the charge would be based on something more than a report that conclusively shows what might have happened. Little green men might be living in my attic and talking to my cat, based on a report I saw in the Weekly World News. And yet I am curiously sceptical, even when faced with convincing proof.

I'm not asking anyone to change their polical views. But I would ask everyone to approach their civic responsibities with more thought than we have been displaying of late.

And to answer the question: No, I would not fix an election. No matter how pure my motives or how right I think I am, the ends certainly do not justify the means. It's wrong, whoever does it.

Terry Lennox

Suspended
The Reno Kid said:
Could be... Might be... Might have happened... Gimme a break. If you are going to accuse someone of a serious crime, I would hope the charge would be based on something more than a report that conclusively shows what might have happened.

I totally agree!

I sure hope no one would invade a country on a could be... might be.. might have happened report....

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
On what evidence, exactly do you base that statement?

Lincsong said:
Well said, here in Alameda County I am very suspicious about these elections. I've seen people demand to vote who are not even registered in the precinct. When asked where do they live, they just point and say; "oh-va dare":rage:

Who talks like that? A minstrel show performer perhaps?

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer

Lincsong said:
He earned the ironic nickname during his 1948 run for the U.S. Senate. In that election it looked as if he had lost. But six days after Election Day, it was "discovered" in a precinct in the town of Alice that 203 people had voted at the last minute and 202 voted for Johnson. These 203 also voted in alphbetical order. His opponent, Governor Coke Stevenson took it to court but U.S. Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black upheld the result. Johnson was declared to have won by 87 votes. It was only in 1977, four years after Johnson's death, that the election "judge" in Alice admitted that he had helped rig the election.

Chapter and verse please...

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer

Twitch said:
And we know that then shadowy Mayor Daley in Chicago had close associates that were sentenced for election fixing in the 1960 presidential race. The dead literally rose and voted for Kennedy.lol lol lol

Please supply iron clad references to case.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer

Lincsong said:
Now flashback to 1960;

FBI records reveal that in a secret meeting with mobster Sam Giancana, the notorious Chicago godfather agreed to bankroll the Kennedy campaign in return for promised assistance in federal investigations. Giancana's money went to bribe election officials into doing what they had to do to get out the vote for Kennedy.:eek:

There You Go Again...

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer

Lincsong said:
It was Kennedy's weakness that led to the Cuban missile crisis and the construction of the Berlin Wall. Having dealt with Nixon in the Eisenhower Administration, Khruschev would not have attempted to place nukes in Cuba. It also helped that Khruschev thought Fidel was a nut when he implored Khruschev to nuke the U.S. and if Cuba was destroyed in the process then so be it. But, let's not get too much :eek:fftopic: :D

Pretty sure of your facts are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld