Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is not a big thing, but whenever I click to the main page, it asks me to log in, even if I am already logged in. I can navigate around fine once I get away from the front page. Also when I do log in and it redirects me, it is still on the page prompting me to log in or register until I click to some other page.

Also, have the postcount titles changed? Because I don't remember being a Senior Member, and I couldn't find anything in the FAQ.

Also, is there a reason we can no longer have code in our signatures?

I do really like the upgrade.

Delete your cookies.

Member titles were messed up in the upgrade-- I'll get on fixing them.

I'll look into the bbcode in signatures.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The settings for the use of code in Signatures is turned off by default, apparently. I couldn't locate a way to turn it on for myself, so is that something that has to be done behind the scenes?

Brad

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm liking the grey background, much easier on my eyes. Not so happy with the "senior member" designation. I prefer "practically family."

You'll be back in the family shortly.

Looks flash.

(no reference to Adobe, thats just an Australianism for pretty looking. )

Thanks. I'm not too keen on everything about this "skin", but we'll try to work with it.

The settings for the use of code in Signatures is turned off by default, apparently. I couldn't locate a way to turn it on for myself, so is that something that has to be done behind the scenes?

Brad

It is a setting in the control panel. I'll get to work on it.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
As an old timer, this will take some getting used to! I like it but I'll miss the "classic" version.

I miss it as well. I'm going to try to get back to the same "feel" of the original as best I can, but still with good features.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks great, I love the frames, now that they are darker. It would be great to have a choice of color themes besides too dark and too light... both are kind of hard on the eyes. But I am sure you have a million tasks! Thank you so much for all the incredible work!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Not blasting, but I'm going to simply list off some of the issues I'm coming across. Here's my $0.02.

The pages have way too many colors going on.On the main page alone, there are different shades of grey for the title boxes, post counts, and thread descriptions. Forum titles, latest posts, usernames, and post times are all different shades of orange. Some of the bars on the pages are shaded with varying gradients. Just too many colors, shades, and sizes going on at once for me to take in.

The smilies, while still resembling the originals, are blurry. I kind of miss the charm of the old ones.

Everything looks so... modernized. The boxes are all rounded out, and the speech bubbles for each forum look cartoony.

Everything has similar fonts. Even in different colors, it doesn't make up for the clarity afforded by sizing contrast.

All in all, just a lot going on. Again, not slamming anyone's work. All the work done to fix and improve this community is greatly appreciated, by all of us. But this is a thread to suggest improvements, so that's what I have to offer up.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe