Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
If you are near Chicago this Aldencrest FQHH with removable fur collar may be worth a look - $300 - on Craigslist

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/clo/d/berwyn-vintage-leather-1950s-motorcycle/7783159870.html

1729027115716.png

Al 916

One Too Many

cbez

One Too Many
lost worlds leg jacket, size 32

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Great find at this price!

ai copywriting on the description really does not recognise the faux pas ....
"Whether you're hitting the road on your motorcycle or just running errands around town..."

Lol. Yeah, I too can smell AI copy from 10 miles. That will change, though.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Just noting this is probably a vinyl jacket
I totally understand why you see it this way. However, this jacket is significant for many collectors. Back in the late 50s, there were few companies (Trojan) who were adding white as a safety feature. Additionally, Vinyl had its advantages over leather and was considered a new product for the motorcycle industry. As many fads, vinyl did not do well in the with the motorcycle jacket crowd, but did ok in other garment industries. As a collector, I would buy this jacket for its significance in the motorcycle scene. HD was a company that constantly was reaching out to other markets. Their strategies were used by other manufactures and benefited their bottom line.

Last edited:

blm14

A-List Customer
Kinda feel like this is the second time I am posting this jacket here lol

Very nice brown kerr size 40, BIN $170
kerr1.jpg
kerr2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider