Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
^^
So it was you! I was messaging with the seller on Facebook and all of a sudden she says it's not available. Lol. For $50 you cannot go wrong here.
Sorry brother!!!! I wandered into your area of the world!!!!! She is up in Stowe!! Let's see if it works out.

Yeah for the price its a worthy gamble as you say. BTW----you get any size info??? Seller was not super communicative....... and I think this jacket has nothing to do with WWII or a Colonel in any official capacity as the listing implied. The stories that get attached to things sometimes.............

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This one looks awesome!!!! That hide really ages well.......... the color breakdown is perfect!!!

I picked up this old jacket out of Vermont......... High likelihood its Canadian because of how close the Seller is to the border. Its still in the mail as we speak. It was sort of an impulse grab. I didn't get any measurements and only one photo --- but its an old jacket for sure and maybe someone else will like it if it doesn't work out for me. I looked at the liner, and what could be seen of the cuffs and it seems to be WWII era. Probably has a Lightning Main Zip.........It has the pocket "ears" though not the elephant shaped ones. No idea on if the label is legible.

View attachment 450910

Looks like a USA zipper, nice lining. Got some ears too!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
^^
No size info, for 50 bucks I was willing to take a gamble. I am glad you got it.
Thanks man. Sometimes you just get lucky........

Yeah--That was basically my feeling as well on the price.

At that price---necessary work it might need is totally affordable and possibly really worth if depending on how and what it turns out to be. I sorta went by the shoulders appearing to be larger across than standard hanger width. This can be indicative of a larger size........ but that was the only pic as you know. The shoulders just look as if they were hung on a standard hanger for a period. The cuffs look like button cuffs which indicate an older jacket and the liner also looks vintage. That warmly lined neck and those pocket "Ears" plus the close proxemics to the Canadian border have me thinking it may be Canadian. @tmitchell59 knows zippers far better than I do for sure. Maybe it IS American after all.........

We shall see............ I will report back on this for you guys.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Don't recall seeing this size 44 Buco in this thread. I'm in the hunt. Doubt I will bag it. As many jackets as I own/buy only owned one Buco.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1342287256...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1663170299492.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Sweet Reed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1953461164...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

View attachment 451354
That is the best copy of a buco I have ever seen. Just look at the leather inner pocket. Spot on reproduction of the buco inner quality details some people just do not see.
Reed went off the rails at some point for whatever reason and made/makes? Alotta run of the mill crapola. But the early Reeds jackets are TOTALLY different. Pretty high quality nice jackets. My buddy has a Cafe Racer that’s killer. I think @photo2u has/had one??? Maybe it was someone else. Is there some Detroit connection beyond just Reed knocking off this Buco clone??? I thot both were from Detroit. Anyway—-old Reeds you don’t see much are cool. New ones suck. This one is really cool.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Under the Reed label, I do not think they made the exact copy of the Buco due to possible brand trade restrictions. The right front zipper is missing, and the belt loops are not present in this jacket. All the other important aspects of the jacket are a total representation of the Buco jp27. The leather in this one is very different steer hide than the Buco. Personally, I love the way the Buco steer ages. I own 8 Reeds. My favorite cafe racer is a Reed. Early Reeds use the same quality leather used in the early white label Harleys. I had one Harley but gave to my best friend in Mexico City. He loved that Harley jackets more than my Reed. Personally, I was not too much into Harley jackets but now I am in the hunt for that same one pocket CR jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld