Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I have seen the jacket on ebay, and sent some offers. The seller wants too much for it.
Terry had a similar one, All weather, with no laces at the waist. If the seller changes their mind, who knows...
No one here seems to like the price on this jacket, so what is it worth?

Wildhorses

Practically Family
No one here seems to like the price on this jacket, so what is it worth?

You had a similar jacket (with laces too, I just checked), and yours has much interesting grain.
The one for sale is in my size, but 690 Euros is too much in my opinion, I was going to ask how much you would pay for it, if it did fit you ?
I am still waiting for an offer from the seller, I like this simple style in a police jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
You had a similar jacket (with laces too, I just checked), and yours has much interesting grain.
The one for sale is in my size, but 690 Euros is too much in my opinion, I was going to ask how much you would pay for it, if it did fit you ?
I am still waiting for an offer from the seller, I like this simple style in a police jacket.

I very much like this style. I did not examine all the pictures on this jacket since I was not buying. I assume you are satisfied and found a price you can live with. Congratulations!!

I like the longer side laces on your jacket. These style jackets are nice, very straight with the taper being done by the side laces. Gives a more forgiving fit than a cross zip.

I did not see this jacket until posted here. I would have noticed it. I have not seen one like this recently. I look forward to your review once in hand.

here are two similar

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I missed this in the classifieds, must have been sleeping. Sold for $1k. Ebay price is unrealistic. A most impressive jacket, they didn't hold back when they designed this beast.
I thought about it but it is really small like a size 34 and hi res photos on ebay actually show a couple of tear while the photos provided here does not and with poor res. Leather is all dried up. Don't think it is salvageable after seeing ebay photos. Am actually glad that I passed. I am no trader so no point in setting up everything to buy it just to trade.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I thought about it but it is really small like a size 34 and hi res photos on ebay actually show a couple of tear while the photos provided here does not and with poor res. Leather is all dried up. Don't think it is salvageable after seeing ebay photos. Am actually glad that I passed. I am no trader so no point in setting up everything to buy it just to trade.
Yes way too small for wearing for most people. Condition issues + size issues does not translate into high $$ sales. Trading value even at $1K was very limited just do to size, condition issues move it to a wall hanger. Restoring a jacket that few people can wear would take an amount of desire I don't have.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I very much like this style. I did not examine all the pictures on this jacket since I was not buying. I assume you are satisfied and found a price you can live with. Congratulations!!

I like the longer side laces on your jacket. These style jackets are nice, very straight with the taper being done by the side laces. Gives a more forgiving fit than a cross zip.

I did not see this jacket until posted here. I would have noticed it. I have not seen one like this recently. I look forward to your review once in hand.

here are two similar

It's always a challenge to get a lower price. I have seen many great looking things recently here.
When a jacket is the right size, sometimes it's necessary to stop thinking too much...
These classic straight zip are nice. Something a bit different and cheaper by Skäggerac is for sale in Germany :
1648921518861.png

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes way too small for wearing for most people. Condition issues + size issues does not translate into high $$ sales. Trading value even at $1K was very limited just do to size, condition issues move it to a wall hanger. Restoring a jacket that few people can wear would take an amount of desire I don't have.
I think there are quite a few collectors out there and the repro companies would like to get their hands on one, dissect it, reverse engineer and then sell it. Warehouse Jeans Japan actually set up a corner in their shop and started selling some of their vintage pieces that I guess they have copied and are done with.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's always a challenge to get a lower price. I have seen many great looking things recently here.
When a jacket is the right size, sometimes it's necessary to stop thinking too much...
These classic straight zip are nice. Something a bit different and cheaper by Skäggerac is for sale in Germany :
View attachment 415381
Awesome jacket. But caution is advised with this seller (sprengfellows). I haven't bought from him but I know @Monitor has and had to return every purchase because there were flaws that weren't mentioned in the listing.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Awesome jacket. But caution is advised with this seller (sprengfellows). I haven't bought from him but I know @Monitor has and had to return every purchase because there were flaws that weren't mentioned in the listing.

I did buy an amazing Windward HB from them, last year. It was a great buy, the lining had been replaced from shearling to nylon, that's nice because this way I could wear it, and all the seams were perfect. A beautiful Horsehide. They have a lot of vintage US jackets. Maybe sometimes they are not that good.

Last edited:

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Vintage Skaggerac is really nice. You see more of the NYPD jackets by them. I had one that I returned due to some issues, but it was great.

You will love the All Weather.

View attachment 415382 View attachment 415383 View attachment 415384
If I receive something that is half as good as this one, I'll be happy :)
Like many people, I happened to do mistakes and buy the wrong size with jackets, but I try to be careful with pictures and measurements and usually that works. Quality generally shows on pics, I have not been disappointed by quality with most of my buys.

I should've returned the jacket but I hadn't because I liked it enough in the end but this seller for sure does not disclose the true state of the jacket they're selling. I haven't bought one jacket from them that hasn't been altered in some way and I'm not sure if it's them doing it or if they just get it like that. . .

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Looks like a Cal
1648985565566.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe