Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally decorated a room vintagey!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hello!

Well, I now have a guest room decorated vintage style! After my roomates moved out I had two rooms with no purpose, so this one is the place I put all my treasures. I call it "the vintage travel room". Sorry the pics are so dark, but I hope you like it!

room01.jpg

room02.jpg

The postcards I found at an antique show we have monthly up here in a barn. They're fan letters to stars asking for photographs. There's ones from Deanna Durbin, The Andrews Sisters, Lou Costello, and Laurel & Hardy.
room03.jpg

room04.jpg

room05.jpg

room06.jpg

room07.jpg

room08.jpg

And the closet shot for good measure... Hope no one wants to hang clothes when they come to visit! All the hatboxes and suitcases are storing all my vintage goodies- hats, purses, gloves, etc. Good way to store things and it looks decorative, too!

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Lauren,

Looks fantastic!

Maybe you should put a light coat of dust on everything as it looks like you've traveled everywhere and you must be off on another worldly adventure!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! Nearly all the furniture acutally belongs to my dad (I kind of rent from him) but the rest of the goodies are mine :D And thanks for the comment on the curtains! I actually made them from fabric from one of the $1 fabric stored in the Garment District in LA!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Nice collection of stuff.
I like the way you have the postcards arranged near the typewriter.
The hat boxes in the closet are nice too.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
What a fantastic themed room, Lauren. I especially like how you've arranged the typewriter and the trunks with stickers on them. Great hatboxes, too!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Love it and so many goodies to discover.If our next house is vintage or inspired I'd love something similar in feel.I find myself torn between the mid-century style mixed with deco we currently favor and changing it to a more traditional style with deco.The deco must stay since we both love it.I'm even adding deco peices to the baby's room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld