Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

mattface

Practically Family
I need to clean and polish my collection and get them photographed for this thread. Maybe I should make that a part of the great closet cleanout of 2014. Just... not tonight.

I know you've all seen 1000 Miles before. You've even seen MY 1000 Miles before, but I just happen to have a pic of them handy ;-)

I like the looks of the 1000 mile boots a lot Mattface. Been considering a pair of my own.
razytyda.jpg

L to R- Frye 12R, Red Wing 875, Red Wing 8166, Dr. Marten's
8y3epu5y.jpg

Rocket Buster
vevuzepy.jpg

Champion Attitude

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stacy Adams Madisons are cap toes, which would not be a problem for me, but might not be what the OP is looking for. I like them, but I gather the leather they are made from is not particularly durable. THey should be ok for occasional wear, but probably would not hold up as an everyday boot.
What I gathered too. The leather looks filmsy but the price is right.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Wholly smokes, DH66- awesome collection. I have this dream that one day ill own some Rocket Busters of my own and actually be able to pull em off without looking like the Urban Cowboy ( :lol: )

Are those the horsehide Thorogoods?
I like the tan cap toe Grensons. Either pair of those would look good with a suit.

Thanks Bretron. I've had these rocketbusters for over 20 years. Unfortuneately, their prices have gone from sky high since then, and I've gotten a few kids and a housenote during that time, so probably no more for me.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Those William Lennon boots are excellent! are those the 107F with leather soles or 178's in brown zug grain? I have some 107 with the commando sole and am very tempted some leather soled ones!

D

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Those William Lennon boots are excellent! are those the 107F with leather soles or 178's in brown zug grain? I have some 107 with the commando sole and am very tempted some leather soled ones!

D

Cheers! They're the 178s in the burgundy zug grain, with a rubber fore sole on top of the leather:

These are very hard on the feet at first though. The triple leather sole is pretty full on. Also, the rubber heel is very thin:

They'll customize if you want though. Outstanding value for money, in my opinion.

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
Not sure why a thread asking for boots that meet specific criteria that have nothing to do with workboots was merged with a workboot thread, but OK.

Thanks Smithy.
I just noticed that this thread had been merged with the workboot thread, so please disregard the cowboy boot pix. I'll try to post up more workboots over the weekend.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents. I've merged a few boot threads to support Bretons enthusiasm to kick start newer members enthusiasm in good boots. I hope this will fire people up to do further research in TFL on other boot threads! Enjoy! Paddy.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Paddy, I'm honored you kept "Feet Up!" in the title :)

Cheers to great boots

And Feet Up, gents!

image.jpg
(Whites Semi Dress x RRL denim)

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Billy, do I ever wish! more like a take-n-bake pizza and 6pk of beer :lol:

God bless fatherhood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members