Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
Rusty, this was the type of thing I was afraid of hearing. Also feared we had helped doom it by referring to it as a Strat (since that is a name they are currently using also). But like Doug above, I am still hopeful (you didn't yet declare it dead). Really a shame if it doesn't come about.

In the meantime, if it does die, any chance of having a few dozen of those "prototypes" made up? :D

DougC

Practically Family
I'd go for a "prototype." OR you could change the name to the FF3 fedora. Either way, I love my heritage grade Campdraft, my couple of deluxe vintage ORs, my moth eaten 3x OR and my modern OR with a cattleman's crease (aka my barbeque hat!). Anyway, I'm still waiting either for the hat or the word that I need to order a custom open road or a borsalino--after all, I will be in Dallas next weekend and Fort Worth IS right there!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'd go for a "prototype." OR you could change the name to the FF3 fedora. Either way, I love my heritage grade Campdraft, my couple of deluxe vintage ORs, my moth eaten 3x OR and my modern OR with a cattleman's crease (aka my barbeque hat!). Anyway, I'm still waiting either for the hat or the word that I need to order a custom open road or a borsalino--after all, I will be in Dallas next weekend and Fort Worth IS right there!

Just head west to Ft. Worth and go downtown to Houston St. and order a Shady Oak Amon Carter and get just what ya want :)

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have not given up on the Fedora Fest Strat yet. I'm in no hurry and if it does not come about then I have a line on a nice new model Strat that I can pick up for a good price. I still keep my eyes open for a vintage Strat in my size on Ebay but so far that has not happened. I have enough hats to keep me busy for now but I'm still wanting the Strat, Whippet and Playboy! A 7 5/8 just doesn't come up everyday on the Bay. I can't believe how lucky I got with the Shady Oaks 7 5/8 Long Oval (my actual size) Stetson 20 a few weeks ago.

job

One Too Many
If Stetson does not want to make it would it be a problem to find another company to make it. Just call it something like The Lounge. Biltmore, Akubra, have had ties with Stetson before.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I'm just waiting. I have the money set back so if it happens it happens. I've been watching the Vintage Strats go for well over $200 on the Bay and I'm not too excited about buying a pre bashed "new" Strat from Stetson at this time.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
If Stetson does not want to make it would it be a problem to find another company to make it. Just call it something like The Lounge. Biltmore, Akubra, have had ties with Stetson before.
Would not be the same thing. The idea was this would be a real Strat, made per the original block and finish, not a "homage" as one made by another firm.

MCrider

A-List Customer
The sad part about this is that except for the changes that were being requested, Stetson wouldn't have lost anything. Major Moore already was going to buy them once they met his standards. Cha-Ching! Ready money in Stetson's pocket. Plus there would have been buyers for it. And just maybe if we saw how good it was, it would have had people buying more Stetson's. And when people asked me what kind of hat I was wearing I could say with pride that it's a Stetson (thereby generating more public interest). Instead I had to tell the gentleman at the gas station "It's an Akubra."

[huh]

Maybe it's just me, but from an advertising standpoint, this seemed a no-brainer.

Justin B

One Too Many
I agree Alan. I'll get on board with this. After it's set up maybe I'll drop by Hatco (Just up the street from me) and mention the page see if we can get their attention.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Well the Chirstmas order time is way passed. I am sure many here would have had the hat on their wish list. All it does for me is remind me to never buy a new Stetson hat again.

scooter

Practically Family
I fail to understand how this is an end around the work the Major has done. Perhaps I'm just thick (good possibility). I'm not sure how much good it would do, but I don't see the harm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe