Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Girl Friday

Practically Family
princessofcandl said:
Hello... newbie here...

OK.. so my fav scents are: Pink Sugar by Aquolina (smells like cotton candy), Lemon Sugar by Fresh (smells like vanilla and lemon verbena), and I am nutty for body oils. I really love strawberry and mango (not together) from the Body Shop. I get loads of compliments on the mango. I do not work well with other scents. I love Fendi and Paris but they do not smell great on me. My body seems to like the "foody" scents. Makes sense cuz I'm a nutritionist and love to eat.

I always joke that if the way to a man's heart is through his stomach then I like to smell like food.

Not exactly "vintage" scents but they are original enough to get attention.
Those are fantastic scents! I was sniffing around when Clinique discontinued my favorite (Simply) and Pink Sugar was one of my favorites! I also have a Fresh scent that is chocolate and rose, that is really awesome. I like food scents too!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I've recently revisited a French lavender perfume in my collection; I had forgotten how much I like this one as the fragrance is very lush (and I find that men often comment on it as well; always a bonus I think ;))

I'm a sucker for any kind of violet scent, hence the name. Can't get enough of violets. So far I have Violetta di Parma by Borsari (gorgeous!), Devon Violets and Violettes de Toulouse by Berdoues.

I love violet perfumes, especially candied violet scents. I am waiting on a bottle of Violetta di Parma to arrive in the mail, and plan on trying Devon Violets and Violettes de Toulouse as well. Of these three, which is your favorite?

I did try L'Aromarine Violette as well, but that particular violet did not work with my chemistry at all.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
jitterbugdoll said:
I've recently revisited a French lavender perfume in my collection; I had forgotten how much I like this one as the fragrance is very lush (and I find that men often comment on it as well; always a bonus I think ;))

I love violet perfumes, especially candied violet scents. I am waiting on a bottle of Violetta di Parma to arrive in the mail, and plan on trying Devon Violets and Violettes de Toulouse as well. Of these three, which is your favorite?

Hi Jitterbugdoll! Violette di Parma is probably my favourite, it's a warm and leafy kind of violet scent and not too sweet. Devon Violets and Violettes de Toulouse are more of the candied violet variety, so perhaps those would be more to your liking? I particularly like Violettes de Toulouse, it comes in the most adorable bottle with a violet-coloured tassled atomizer.
Tourbillon recommended N'aimez Que Moi from Caron (violet/vanilla), I'm going to try that one next time I think that I've deserved a little extra something!

I'm looking for a good lavender scent, can anyone recommend one that isn't too medicinal? I suppose Yardley Lavender is the classic vintage choice but I'm also thinking of trying Aqua Allagoria Lavande Velours from Guerlain ...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Hi Jitterbugdoll! Violette di Parma is probably my favourite, it's a warm and leafy kind of violet scent and not too sweet. Devon Violets and Violettes de Toulouse are more of the candied violet variety, so perhaps those would be more to your liking? I particularly like Violettes de Toulouse, it comes in the most adorable bottle with a violet-coloured tassled atomizer.
Tourbillon recommended N'aimez Que Moi from Caron (violet/vanilla), I'm going to try that one next time I think that I've deserved a little extra something!

It sounds like I might like all three, for different reasons. I should receive the Violetta di Parma in the mail tomorrow; I can't wait to try it. The one Tourbillon recommend sounds wonderful, too; I think I will look for it as well.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Ooh, I hope you like the Borsari one! (I actually ordered my bottle directly from Parma in Italy, it was the cheapest retail price in Europe.) Please give us a review of it, and also of the Caron one if you decide to get it too.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Ooh, I hope you like the Borsari one! (I actually ordered my bottle directly from Parma in Italy, it was the cheapest retail price in Europe.) Please give us a review of it, and also of the Caron one if you decide to get it too.

I received the Violetta di Parma and I have to say that it is my new favorite! It smells divine--lush and a little sweet--the exact violet I was searching for. I've been wearing it every day since it arrived in the mail.

I'm sure I'll try the others too, just because I love violets so much :)

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Violet perfume users: I've tried Devon Violet, but I have yet to find a Violet (primary notes of violet; not blended) perfume that doesn't spoil really quickly. Violet is a really fragile note with not much longevity... Is there one you all have had more success with than others? Has anybody tried Creed's Violet?

I can't wear perfume often because of my job as a wine geek, but when I do, these days, it's Stella. It has a great, classic, white & pink flowers, tea roses, bergamot, and violet nose.

Other tried + true's: Coco Chanel, Pheremone, Prescriptives Calyx, Fendi, Lancome Aroma Tonic, and a *great* Summer scent -- Miss Marisa by Ebba. It's delicious and it is available in an oil so a little goes a long way and lasts and lasts...

http://www.ebbalosangeles.com/pages/misscollection.html

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Violetta di Parma seems to last about 6-8 hours on me; it's not as long-lasting as say, my favorite gardenia scent, but it doesn't fade as quickly as I thought it would.

I've never tried Stella, but it certainly sounds lovely!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Lotus Leroux said:
A few of my favorites are Stella Absolute Rose by Stella McCartney, Quelques Fleurs, and Chic by Carolina Herrera. I also enjoy Coco Mademoiselle but tend to reserve it for special occasions. I suppose I tend to go for flowery scents!

I can't wait to try QUELQUES FLEURS. I didn't realize it was a real perfume - it is the one Paul Henreid gives Bette Davis in Now Voyager (and their characters in the book as well).

misslizzy

New in Town
My mum was a hair dresser and when I was a kid (very early 70's) her clients would buy me and my sis Christmas gifts. I got a present of Quelques Fleurs one year and loved it, aged 8 or 9 probably. I used to snap at my sis if she sneaked a spray! I had totally forgotten that memory until the previous post. Thank you. I lost my Mum aged 15. Serendipity is a wonderful thing :)

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Decobelle, I have not seen that movie but now I need to get onto Netflix and see if they have it! :) I have grown to love Quelques Fleurs more and more since buying it last summer.

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
Jenautica said:
I absolutely love the men's fragrance counter! I've always been fascinated by what men consider a "good smell". I've always liked Dior's Fahrenheit. It's got a very unique scent that I couldn't even begin to describe. I also like Joop. It smells powdery and odd in the bottle, but it evolves into a warmer spicier scent when worn. On the lighter end, I like CK Escape and Aqua di Gio by Armani.

I abosoluterly agree Jenautica....i adore Fahrenheit so much so i tried to wear it....realised it was better on men...it makes my lions quiver that smell!

My partner doesn't wear anything and i haven't worn any perfume for ages either. He has this cute knee quivering addiction to my natural smell....he comes home and moves my hair from my neck and breathes the smell of me in.....i wouldn't want to spoil it for him !!

My favorites since a young girl are PARIS by YSL i love the full on floral sweetness of it.(ironic partners name is Paris) , anais anais, chloe...also love rose and violet scents.

My grandmother always wore estee Lauder, i love it but is too heavy for me...but it totally transports me back in time....maybe i will wear it when i'm an old lady =)lol

Decobelle

One of the Regulars

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Can anyone recommend a perfume that smells like real roses? It seems that all the rose perfumes that I find are too sweet smelling. They never quite smell like the real thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe