Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

glass susie

New in Town
~landgirl~ said:
I was thinking of maybe getting a floral scent as a 'daily wear' perfume. I have been reading good reviews for Jean Paul Gaultier - can anyone back it up?

I think maybe I need a trip back to Debenhams!

JPG is my favourite and a sexy looking bottle t'boot!
My husband bought me a large bottle nearly 10 years ago and I still have it. I also have 4 minature bottles which have metalic basks on which are cute.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
glass susie said:
JPG is my favourite and a sexy looking bottle t'boot!
My husband bought me a large bottle nearly 10 years ago and I still have it. I also have 4 minature bottles which have metalic basks on which are cute.

:eek:fftopic:
Hi there

Just seen you're in Southampton, me too! Where abouts? We're in Shirley.

P.S. very nice motorcycle and other half asks if the camper is a split screen (sorry, can't PM you yet as you don't have enough posts!)

Amelie

A-List Customer
my favourite one is a floral as well (a fresh one), but unfortunately it's only sold in big cities. It's called La chasse aux papillons (chasing butterflies), and it is by l'artisan parfumeur. It's a blend of linden flower, light tuberose and orange blossom.

And oh I soooo love it. My nose is very sensitive and I can't wear strong odors because of that, so I have been having a lot of problem finding a perfume that lasts more than 45 minutes on me. That one is a gift from heaven :D

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
CanadaDoll said:
Hey ladies, I'm wondering what you Coco Mademoiselle wearers might be able to tell me about the scent. I think I'd like to try it out for springtime, it sounds nice and fresh and.... new I guess.

I thought about No5 and road tested it, I almost suffocated in the baby powder scent my skin brought out in it!!lol

Any opinions on Coco Mademoiselle would be appreciated:D

I wear CM quite a bit. I get alot of compliments from mainly women. I use the eau da parfum which can be a bit heavy if you spritz too much. I would suggest going to the Chanel counter and seeing if they have a sample you can try. And I've found the Chanel's fragrances are different depending on if you get cologne, eau da parfum, or eau de toilete (please forgive the misspelled french). I love No.5 cologne and I can't seem to find it here in the states anymore.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Thanks for the info!

I think I'm going to buy a bottle sometime soon, I need a bit of a treat these days.
If you've got a Bay store near you, they carry No5 quite often, I see it here regularly.

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I have been wearing recently and quite like... Victoria Beckham's new fragrance. I also wear Anna Sui Secret Wish and Benefit Maybe Baby

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Hi Canada Doll,

I only need to wear a couple spritzes of CM and to me it lasts all night. I also wear the eau de parfum and I agree that if you wear too much it can be
too heavy.

Lotus :)

glass susie

New in Town
~landgirl~ said:
:eek:fftopic:
Hi there

Just seen you're in Southampton, me too! Where abouts? We're in Shirley.

P.S. very nice motorcycle and other half asks if the camper is a split screen (sorry, can't PM you yet as you don't have enough posts!)

:eek:fftopic: again, sorry.

Hi Landgirl, we're the other side of the river in Woolston. Glad you like the bike and yes the VeeDub is a Splitty.
Will have to meet up sometime, I was expecting to chat to people in America mostly, but this is great!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
My very favorite scent at the moment is "Fleurs de Citronnier" by Serge Lutens. I'ts beyond this world!!! absolutely heavenly!!!. For the lovers of orange blossoms, I'm addicted. :p

missjo

Practically Family
i never used any smelly water ever till I got into this retro thing.
Last year for the first time in my life (im 34 now) I bought smelly water and now I use it occasionally.

The brand I buy is called 4711, Kolnisches wasser.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4711

It smells a bit like the wet towels you get on planes.
The thing I like most about it is that men who sailed on german submarines during the war hated the stuff.
They were forced to use bucketloads of it to keep other smells away on their long journies. :D

Tourbillion

Practically Family
missjoeri said:
And is it true, did it make german submarine men avoid you? lol

If true, it could be worth the $ to get it. Any young lady today being pestered by dirty old men WWII veterans knows what I'm talking about.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My grandmother wore Chanel No. 5 [huh]
My other grandmother wore Madame Rochas, which I like much, much better.
My mom liked Jungle Gardenia by Tuvache. She's Cajun.
I liked Woodhue when I was a child.

When Holly Golightly reads the letter from Jose the rat, she has to put on a little 4711 first. ;)

missjo

Practically Family
Tourbillion said:
If true, it could be worth the $ to get it. Any young lady today being pestered by dirty old men WWII veterans knows what I'm talking about.

ww2 veterans can pester me anytime they like, and they do, lol lol

Folly

One of the Regulars
I used to wear jasmine oil as a perfume - I just adore heady perfumes.

I then moved on to jean paul Gaultier and then a Dior perfume, although I can't recall the name [huh]

Then I started wearing 4711 and occasionally when passing Lush, I step out reeking of Karma perfume!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
glass susie said:
:eek:fftopic: again, sorry.

Hi Landgirl, we're the other side of the river in Woolston. Glad you like the bike and yes the VeeDub is a Splitty.
Will have to meet up sometime, I was expecting to chat to people in America mostly, but this is great!

Hey susie

If you are able to, send me a PM and I will send you my e-mail address!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
katiemakeup said:
My favorite perfume is Opium, unless I can get my hands on a heavier, spicey perfume. Only a little bit goes a long way!

I don't like floral scents, but I found one that I do really like ... it's "Sin" by Urban Decay ... it smells of blood orange, cinnamon & vanilla. It comes as an oil, though, so it's a little harder to apply. (I try to go very sparingly, because I know I like the scent so much I could accidentally coat myself in it.)

http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/SinPerfumeOil.cfm

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe