Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
And scissors.

Busted Lily making confetti this morning. I was not amused.

20150410_093720-1_zpslgat0udl.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
She has an egg carton of smaller bits. I'm trying to keep in mind the balance between letting her explore & experience (using scissors), but also drawing the line when she does this. Rest assured that she has since picked up every piece of paper. Hubby chuckled at the photo. He knows that look well.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well.......there you go.

Lock up the markers Sheeplady. :eek:

I was so proud of my daughter a month ago... I came upstairs from the basement and she had ink all over her hands, like a pen exploded on her. I frantically went in search of the pen, and I found a piece of paper scribbled all over in Sharpie on the couch with the Sharpie lying nicely on top.

There was no Sharpie anyplace else in the house, not a drop even on the couch (my daughter stayed within the edges of the paper) or anything on her but the smudges.

I thought I was SO LUCKY. And it turns out she was probably lulling me into a false confidence.

Also, not comforting to hear that little ones conspire with each other. While I might believe she is so Type A that she wouldn't draw all over stuff, I can totally see her framing a younger sibling and/or egging them on because she's a little instigator.

Years ago, I came home one time to find my husband taking a nap and my two stepsons covered in marker from head to foot. They'd had a "marker war." :eusa_doh:
I was obviously the loser in that war since I had to bathe them!

I would have won. They would have had to wash it off themselves or go to school looking like that the next day. :p Not wanting to look stupid in front of their friends is a great motivator.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
She dumped confetti all over for Hubby tonight. He was less amused about it than I was earlier.

My mantra today: She is precious. Repeated until I believe it. Or until bedtime. Bedtime won.

Tomorrow we start fresh.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... My mantra today: She is precious. Repeated until I believe it. ...

There is a window pane in an upstairs window at the old house where I live with s small hole made by a BB gun. It was put there by my Dad in the early 1930s. I remember my Maw talking about it and saying, "Bill did that not long after Dad died. I didn't know how to replace it then, so I just left it there. Now, I'd never replace it because it reminds me of when Bill was a little boy."

Even when they dump confetti all over the house - or shoot out a window with a BB gun - they are precious. It all makes for wonderful memories years and years down the road.

There is a window pane in an upstairs window at the old house where I live with s small hole made by a BB gun. It was put there by my Dad in the early 1930s. I remember my Maw talking about it and saying, "Bill did that not long after Dad died. I didn't know how to replace it then, so I just left it there. Now, I'd never replace it because it reminds me of when Bill was a little boy."

Even when they dump confetti all over the house - or shoot out a window with a BB gun - they are precious. It all makes for wonderful memories years and years down the road.

Those years seem pretty far off at the present though. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82