Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

And what a way to enjoy it!!!!

I got home from work today and my favorite little artist had been at it with a marker on the side of the my 61 Galaxie. Fortunately for all involved it was washable.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
And what a way to enjoy it!!!!

I got home from work today and my favorite little artist had been at it with a marker on the side of the my 61 Galaxie. Fortunately for all involved it was washable.

My cousin's little girl (age 2) took a red Sharpie to the wall all the way down the stairs from the second floor, decorated their microsuede couch (and cushions), and then gave the dog a new "tattoo".

10255093_10154035071425321_3102507728667906481_o_zpsfq6zggf8.jpg

She wasn't alone in her redecorating, though. Big brother's name (age 5) was written on the wall, too. As she didn't know how to write, much less spell brother's name.... you can guess who helped.

As a result, all Sharpies are locked up tight in their house. Washable is all we have in our house for this very reason.

(Maybe you have a future pinstriper on your hands?? :D)

My cousin's little girl (age 2) took a red Sharpie to the wall all the way down the stairs from the second floor, decorated their microsuede couch (and cushions), and then gave the dog a new "tattoo".

10255093_10154035071425321_3102507728667906481_o_zpsfq6zggf8.jpg

She wasn't alone in her redecorating, though. Big brother's name (age 5) was written on the wall, too. As she didn't know how to write, much less spell brother's name.... you can guess who helped.

As a result, all Sharpies are locked up tight in their house. Washable is all we have in our house for this very reason.

(Maybe you have a future pinstriper on your hands?? :D)
Poor pooch.:(
My second son owes his life to Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It will get Sharpie off darn near anything. Maybe not a dog, but it worked a miracle on the furniture. That episode is pretty much why washable markers are all they have at their disposal these days.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Shortly after this episode, Tessy-the-dog ended up biting the little girl on the face (not a shocker to me), and was re-homed. That family really is better off with no pets for the time being. There are 3 kids 6-and-under, and cousin's a full-time nursing student. Her hands are full enough without pet shenanigans.

Lily decorated our apple wood dining table last week. Magic eraser didn't get all of the ink off - some went into the grain of the wood, so we'll have a blue spot on the table for a very, very, very long time.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well, my hopes are dashed. I was thinking that because our daughter hadn't yet gone "rouge" the few times she had an instrument of destruction, that maybe she never would. But I see it is an older kid thing. :(

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'd say you're not truly safe until she's out of the house for college.

And please, please, please lock up your scissors. Lily's given herself 3 haircuts. Even scissors locked up didn't stop her, but it did delay her so I caught her before she hacked it all off. As it was, she had a sizeable patch behind her left ear that went from shoulder length to 1/2" long. :(

I'd say you're not truly safe until she's out of the house for college.

And please, please, please lock up your scissors. Lily's given herself 3 haircuts. Even scissors locked up didn't stop her, but it did delay her so I caught her before she hacked it all off. As it was, she had a sizeable patch behind her left ear that went from shoulder length to 1/2" long. :(
I remember when my oldest gave his little brother a 'haircut'.
All that could be done with it was give him a buzz cut, and even then it still had gaps in it. Big brother thought it was hilarious until it was his turn to get in the chair and get one too, just on g.p. F
ortunately that has been the only incident of that.

My precious daughter once wrote her name in crayon on the kitchen cabinet. A short while afterward her brother's name appeared on the bathroom door, only it wasn't his handwriting. When pressed, she confessed, and her excuse was that she didn't want to be the only one who got in trouble.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I wrote on the living room wall in pink sparkle nail polish... complete with my signature backwards "e". Next oldest kid was my 10 year old brother, so I was totally busted. I still remember mom saying "wait for your father to get home".

I wrote on the living room wall in pink sparkle nail polish... complete with my signature backwards "e". Next oldest kid was my 10 year old brother, so I was totally busted. I still remember mom saying "wait for your father to get home".
Last year, after going to see 'The Book of Life' my six year old daughter used a marker (not a washable one, either) to draw her interpretation of a bullfighter, complete with bull, on her little brother's face. He thought it was cool. Mom, not so much. I thought it was hilarious.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Last year, after going to see 'The Book of Life' my six year old daughter used a marker (not a washable one, either) to draw her interpretation of a bullfighter, complete with bull, on her little brother's face. He thought it was cool. Mom, not so much. I thought it was hilarious.

Years ago, I came home one time to find my husband taking a nap and my two stepsons covered in marker from head to foot. They'd had a "marker war." :eusa_doh:
I was obviously the loser in that war since I had to bathe them!

Years ago, I came home one time to find my husband taking a nap and my two stepsons covered in marker from head to foot. They'd had a "marker war." :eusa_doh:
I was obviously the loser in that war since I had to bathe them!
At least they covered themselves, not the walls and/or furniture.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82