Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I emailed him today asking him about color questions for the band. Your yellow/blue looks awesome and I was thinking a white or black strip on the wine ribbon would be killer. Thoughts?

job

One Too Many
For a accent piece I think anything would work. I liked the blue yellow because it is my school colors. Maybe birthstone colors or something personal. At some point I have a lapel cross I'm going to put on a ribbon.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Good idea on the school colors. My next fedora I was planning on something I would wear to Marshall games to show my school pride. So nothing better than a green band with a white accent lol. On this hat I think black might give it a really nice look but I shall wait and see what Parker recommends

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I couldn't resist. I sold a few hats today and decided to get another custom hat from Parker. The felt is going to be his black cherry with a black band. 2 3/8 inch brim with a 5 1/2 unbashed crown. Going to have ribbon accents in burgundy. The best part (in my opinion) is the diamond crease.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Good on ya, mate!

Ok, I gotta come clean. I ordered a black cherry Lord's hat from Parker a few weeks ago. (made possible by a generous Xmas gift from my dad directly to Parker!) Probably going with the maroon ribbon, but may explore other options once it has been blocked. Phew! Glad to get that off my chest. :)

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I'm super excited to see my first hat but this one is truly bold. I called him today and literally said "you are an artist my hat is a blank canvas tell me what you see". The result was the hat I mentioned above. I have never seen a black cherry hat and it may take some getting used to but I have full confidence that it will look awesome.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
These black cherry hats should be interesting. If it's the same felt that Art is using, it's a wonderful shade. Almost like Optimo's Oxblood, but warmer. Heck, I'm almost as excited about seeing them as you guys are and they're not my hats! :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I love the felt on my VS Black Cherry - as JLee says if its the same felt, you'll be very happy.

1220175238_WjBtw-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My impression is that Parker's black cherry is quite a bit darker, and might even look black in certain light-- very excited about it!

job

One Too Many
My new Hat made to fit my large 7 5/8 long oval head in pecan with a burgundy ribbon. It does not photo well. I don't know why.

1162012brownhat041-1.jpg
1162012brownhat046-1.jpg
1162012brownhat045-1.jpg
1162012brownhat049-1.jpg
1162012brownhat048-1.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

If that's Pecan and Burgundy, then I think you're too close and using too much flash. The center picture seems to be an actual Pecan color.

So, what are the specifics? Brim, crown etc.

Just my $0.02

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No flash used. The brim is 2 5/8 and the crown was blocked at 5 1/2.

Hi Job

Wow, no flash, it LOOKS like two completely different hats, but the darker picture looks like it's inside.

My favorite HAT measurements are 2.75 brim and 5.75 crown and I'm only a 7 3/8 sized heat. I own a similarly shaped hat from Tony B, same crease but with the above measurements.

later

job

One Too Many
Thanks guys, I tried using a pet setting on my camera. I thought to myself well..... it is made of rabbit. I've had a rabbit for a pet as a child.
1162012-b2003-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe