Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

James & Dan,

Well...um, now I feel pressured to do the harlequin costume when I was already developing another costume idea. We shall see, we shall see...:)

What are you dressing up as?

Great HQ image. Below is one of my favourite harlequins, from one of my favourite artists, Olivia De Berardinis.

X
BD
View attachment 4865
Put the costume together. I want to see. :p I am dressing up as an adult. Someone has to. :p That last illustration would make a nice costume for you. :p

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
aPE2h4k.jpg

Nice! Maybe if I had the body of a ten year old. ;)

Not sure I'm brave enough either, hence putting that costume idea off for years! *lol* Perhaps I'll visit the Wizard of Oz and ask him for some esteem/guts (or a new bod), ha ha!

Oooh, you said the magic word, coffee. Wonderful indeed, having a half-sweet mocha now. What's your coffee of choice?

X
BD

I'd just ask for a new bod. ;)
& anything mocha flavored. :becky:

Hi Justin,

I will have a photo of me in a costume of some sort, for certain. I'm committed. Or committable? *lol* Maybe I should just wear a straight-jacket!

Great HQ image. Below is one of my favourite harlequins, from one of my favourite artists, Olivia De Berardinis.

X
BD
View attachment 4865

Great image! I'd only fit in the straight jacket. lol

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Put the costume together. I want to see. :p I am dressing up as an adult. Someone has to. :p That last illustration would make a nice costume for you. :p

Well, yes, someone does has to..but I'm not convinced it's you! :)

Would it? Jeepers, I don't think I could go out of the house like that! Let alone trick or treating. Not that I'm a child. Not that I'm going trick or treating either. Who am I? Where am I? Boy, it's been a longggg dayyyy
X
BD

Well, yes, someone does has to..but I'm not convinced it's you! :)

Would it? Jeepers, I don't think I could go out of the house like that! Let alone trick or treating. Not that I'm a child. Not that I'm going trick or treating either. Who am I? Where am I? Boy, it's been a longggg dayyyy
X
BD
I said dress up as one. Doesn't mean I have to act like it. :p My trick or treating days are over. lol lol Wear the costume. :p

Yes to anything mocha though...YES!

X
BD
Mocha: 1 oz. coffee liqueur

1 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 1⁄2 oz. Irish creme
1 oz. vodka
Powdered sugar
Whipped cream

Technique:

Freeze a martini glass. When frozen, wet the rim of the glass with water and dip into the powdered sugar to coat the rim. Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Pour into the frozen martini glass. Top with whipped cream and serve.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mocha: 1 oz. coffee liqueur

1 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 1⁄2 oz. Irish creme
1 oz. vodka
Powdered sugar
Whipped cream

Technique:

Freeze a martini glass. When frozen, wet the rim of the glass with water and dip into the powdered sugar to coat the rim. Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Pour into the frozen martini glass. Top with whipped cream and serve.

WOW! Give me one, bartender!

Though if I'm going to wear that costume, I'd best get dieting! ha ha. *shuns sweet high calorie drink*
X
BD

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
You know, I had the costumes and the drops from that show in storage until 2009, when they were consumed in our fire. They were not useful for anything but a Harelquinade, but were too interesting to dispose of.

The countryside back drop survives. It was used in a number of other shows, and I later gave it to a fellow who was restoring a local "Oprea House" so that there could be someththing hanging from his files. As I recall I also gave him a "Deep Woodland with Cut Edges" and a "Poor interior". He never did anything with them, though, and the building is now condemned.

Ah, well! Theatrical work is inherently transitory, after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld