Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

From JD museum Fairmount,Indiana:
On September 30, 1955, James Byron Dean was driving his new 550 Porsche Spyder to Salinas, California, where he planned to enter it in a race. At 5:45 p.m. at the intersection of Routes 466 and 41 near Cholame, a 1950 Ford turned in front of the sports car and Dean was unable to avoid a collision with it.

From JD museum Fairmount,Indiana:
On September 30, 1955, James Byron Dean was driving his new 550 Porsche Spyder to Salinas, California, where he planned to enter it in a race. At 5:45 p.m. at the intersection of Routes 466 and 41 near Cholame, a 1950 Ford turned in front of the sports car and Dean was unable to avoid a collision with it.
I.e. he was going too fast to stop.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I could see that with the sun glinting off that metal body and all.....

That was my initial impression too.
I honestly don't know how he raced it, with the sun glaring off the hood onto the windshield, if it had one.
This is the reason I won't own another white car. I had a white Corvette Stingray.
The high fenders were hard enough to see around, then the cowl induction hood didn't help, but waxed and on a bright summer day? :eeek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Well, this conversation certainly has taken a creepy turn. :eek:

Would love to see a take on Harley! I've thought about doing this, myself. :biggrin:

Hi Mae, I see you're a Harley Quinn lover yourself! I've had part of a HQ costume kicking around for a number of years now, but I've never completed it. Would love to see your take on the character! What I was going for was a mixture of the HQ character and a classic Harlequin type.

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld