Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Hi Mae, I see you're a Harley Quinn lover yourself! I've had part of a HQ costume kicking around for a number of years now, but I've never completed it. Would love to see your take on the character! What I was going for was a mixture of the HQ character and a classic Harlequin type.

X
BD

That sounds great! Would love to see your version. I've thought about putting together that costume off and on for years too, but I'm not much of a seamstress. I'd probably buy pieces here and there. Probably not this year. ;)

Justin B

One Too Many
You know, I find that it's much easier for me to get a costume put together if I actually start. Putting it off is much easier, but doesn't seem to accomplish anything for some reason.

Just sayin'.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You mean you don't have enough costumes sitting around already?!

Oh the humanity.
I'm speechless.
Let's just shut it down, turn off the lights, and walk away to avoid further embarrassment. :D

I have a BIL that bought a Darth Vader costume.
When he wore it to movie events, or comic con thingy's, Darth was 6'4, 330 pounds, with a somewhat large belly.
Yeah, Darth let himself go.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
330 pounds! :rofl:

Yeah, black didn't make him look skinny.
Like I said, Darth really let himself go after the Rebels won the war and he was out of a job.
I've heard "Death Takes A Holiday", but I didn't think evil did.
BTW the Rebels secret weapon to take down DV?
Rocky Road ice cream. :p
On a lighter note...he's supposed to be doing that DDP Yoga, so we'll see if DV is back to his fighting weight when he was in the service.
Doubt it though, "motivation you must have, without it you will do nothing." :D

Justin B

One Too Many
You mean you don't have enough costumes sitting around already?!

I really only have my two Mandalorian costumes right now, and one of them is disassembled. Most of what I have is props that I've built and I just have on display, not full costumes. That said, I'm working on two Nova costumes (Richard Rider and Sam Alexander versions) and a Star Lord for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie premier. So to answer the question...no.

Well, we can't all be as awesome as you. ;)

This is true. You poor mortals...

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
That sounds great! Would love to see your version. I've thought about putting together that costume off and on for years too, but I'm not much of a seamstress. I'd probably buy pieces here and there. Probably not this year. ;)

Hi Mae,

I have noticed some cute prefabricated harlequin costumes out this year, but not quite what I would want. I love Harley Quinn's original look, but still prefer a classic/vintage harlequin like the below. My harlequin fascination started about ten years ago, due to an Agatha Christie novel actually! Hope you and I both get our HQ costumes together sometime - I'm sure we'd look amazing! :)
X
BD

life of the party 1952.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
You know, I find that it's much easier for me to get a costume put together if I actually start. Putting it off is much easier, but doesn't seem to accomplish anything for some reason.

Just sayin'.

Hi Justin,

Haven't seen you in ages! How are you doing?

I concur...I often talk about my costume ideas, but accomplish nothing. Not this year, by golly! I solemnly swear to follow through on at least one of my costume ideas! ha ha

X
BD

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Hi Mae,

I have noticed some cute prefabricated harlequin costumes out this year, but not quite what I would want. I love Harley Quinn's original look, but still prefer a classic/vintage harlequin like the below. My harlequin fascination started about ten years ago, due to an Agatha Christie novel actually! Hope you and I both get our HQ costumes together sometime - I'm sure we'd look amazing! :)
X
BD

View attachment 4852

That's wonderful! I love the original Harley as well.
You'd look amazing, not sure I'd be brave enough to strut around in something like that. lol

And...you lot are so funny! Reading this thread is the only enjoyment I derive throughout the work day (next to drinking my first cup of coffee)! ha ha
X
BD

Funny looking, maybe. LOL! At least, that's how I seem 'em. (Having my coffee, too! Isn't it wonderful?)

Hi Mae,

X
BD

View attachment 4852
Be sure to take lots of pictures. :D

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Hi Mae, I see you're a Harley Quinn lover yourself! I've had part of a HQ costume kicking around for a number of years now, but I've never completed it. Would love to see your take on the character! What I was going for was a mixture of the HQ character and a classic Harlequin type.

X
BD

Did someone say Harlequin?

How about Columbine?

or Pierette:

Pantalone on left, seen here with The Duenna and Harlequin:

Duenna:

Or a miscellaneous Zanni:

The above are production photos from a little Harliquinade for which I did some design work twenty years since.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Hi Justin,

Haven't seen you in ages! How are you doing?

I concur...I often talk about my costume ideas, but accomplish nothing. Not this year, by golly! I solemnly swear to follow through on at least one of my costume ideas! ha ha

X
BD

Doing quite well, thanks for asking. And since you've just said you would, I expect to see pictures of your costume this year....no excuses.

Oh, and here's a new one for ya:

aPE2h4k.jpg

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
Hi Mae,

X
BD

View attachment 4852

Be sure to take lots of pictures. :D

Yes, Lots, Please! :D

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
That's wonderful! I love the original Harley as well.
You'd look amazing, not sure I'd be brave enough to strut around in something like that. lol

Funny looking, maybe. LOL! At least, that's how I seem 'em. (Having my coffee, too! Isn't it wonderful?)

Not sure I'm brave enough either, hence putting that costume idea off for years! *lol* Perhaps I'll visit the Wizard of Oz and ask him for some esteem/guts (or a new bod), ha ha!

Oooh, you said the magic word, coffee. Wonderful indeed, having a half-sweet mocha now. What's your coffee of choice?

X
BD

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
James & Dan,

Well...um, now I feel pressured to do the harlequin costume when I was already developing another costume idea. We shall see, we shall see...:)

What are you dressing up as?

Hi Justin,

I will have a photo of me in a costume of some sort, for certain. I'm committed. Or committable? *lol* Maybe I should just wear a straight-jacket!

Great HQ image. Below is one of my favourite harlequins, from one of my favourite artists, Olivia De Berardinis.

X
BD
CourtJester.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld