Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

You sure you aren't in there? :p
I would think they want to jettison the hippies by seceding. :p No worries. If I move there, I'll take care of them. :laser::hippie: Think The Gov with the Zombies. :p

No, not that far north. The only thing that appeals to me that far north is the lack of people and the land. There are too many pot loving hippie type and the economy is worse.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You sure you aren't in there? :p
I would think they want to jettison the hippies by seceding. :p No worries. If I move there, I'll take care of them. :laser::hippie: Think The Gov with the Zombies. :p
Hippies need older cars, so it's best to jettison them in the direction of Wisconsin.
I know a car lot owner that can put them in a "pre-owned" Dart among other cars. :D

vintageTink

One Too Many
Yes it is. Has a mower deck, too (not pictured). Got it at a steal and can use it for mowing at the cabin in the warm months and snowblowing at the store in the cold months.

Thanks! I think it will go well with my Broadmoor.

Looks like this, but in need of resto, as I last redid it in '98
13579490157022110771951.jpeg

Unfortunately, someone stole my Yeoman, which was Dad's before it was mine.
Looked just like this.
DSC04320.jpg
Simplicity as in the same company that makes sewing patterns? Same logo.

Hippies need older cars, so it's best to jettison them in the direction of Wisconsin.
I know a car lot owner that can put them in a "pre-owned" Dart among other cars. :D

And if we are lucky, frostbite will set in to those sandle-clad stinky footed degenerates during the winter months ensuring that Tom and others will be safer will driving to and fro on the roads of Wisconsin.
:D

I have no idea. All's I can tell you is their factory is in Port Washington, Wisconsin lol

Hippies care about gas mileage and the ones with a job prefer the Prius. You find that kinda thing in California or New York.

Besides, I've got enough undesirables around here without hippies, too.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member

You got my curiosity going. It seems they're very different companies. The tractor maker looks to have been shuttered a few times, now owned by Briggs & Stratton. The pattern maker is now part of Simplicity Creative Group. They look to have no shared history.

But it fell in line with one of my favorite expressions about "trying to be everything to everybody" stores:
Acme Fine Lingerie and Helicopter Parts, inc. "

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hey Tom - it seems like GM finally has their head out of their butts. I see many sharp Buicks and Chevies now, and the Chevy I have now is the best car I've ever driven.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have a neighbor with a vintage 21 window VW bus/van.
With the original patina, interior, and updated rims.
He's a mechanic at a German shop here.
So that, a couple of Audis and 2 hopped up Jettas take up his back parking pad.
Believe me, I bet he's been approached by a number of hippies trying to buy that bus.
I don't think Phish CD's, or "oregano" are currency though, or hemp bags. ;)
I see it driving down the street on occasion, and it's really nice.

I have a neighbor with a vintage 21 window VW bus/van.
With the original patina, interior, and updated rims.
He's a mechanic at a German shop here.
So that, a couple of Audis and 2 hopped up Jettas take up his back parking pad.
Believe me, I bet he's been approached by a number of hippies trying to buy that bus.
I don't think Phish CD's, or "oregano" are currency though, or hemp bags. ;)
I see it driving down the street on occasion, and it's really nice.

Serves him right for driving a VW bus. :p
Jetta---another chick car extraordinaire. :rofl:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Serves him right for driving a VW bus. :p
Jetta---another chick car extraordinaire. :rofl:
I actually have a pic of the bus/van.
I took it for a former coworker that is a big VW fan.
vwbus.jpg
Whether it's worth more to paint or leave alone isn't my call, since I don't know about the value of these things.
Thank goodness for reclining seats, I at least like that option. 12hr trips in this would kill me.

I actually have a pic of the bus/van.
I took it for a former coworker that is a big VW fan.
View attachment 4252
Whether it's worth more to paint or leave alone isn't my call, since I don't know about the value of these things.
Thank goodness for reclining seats, I at least like that option. 12hr trips in this would kill me.

Just looking at it kills me. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken