Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Let's just say I've had the big 3 at work, and Ford is the most reliable.
Flawless? No, especially the Taurus transmission.
Other than those, the other models I have are trouble free.
I have just had numerous problems with every Ford my father had the no sense to buy. The last was that stupid variable venture crap. You never knew when it would leave you stranded. Before that it was a Mercury that the idiots in the factory didn't tighten the heads down on the engine. It leaked oil like a sieve and it took months for the morons at the dealership to figure it out---well actually my father had to take a day off and show them when it was on the lift. I won't even mention the Mustangs that were so poorly treated at the factory that they rusted like tin.......

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have just had numerous problems with every Ford my father had the no sense to buy. The last was that stupid variable venture crap. You never knew when it would leave you stranded. Before that it was a Mercury that the idiots in the factory didn't tighten the heads down on the engine. It leaked oil like a sieve and it took months for the morons at the dealership to figure it out---well actually my father had to take a day off and show them when it was on the lift. I won't even mention the Mustangs that were so poorly treated at the factory that they rusted like tin.......
Monday and Friday cars.:D
I have Escapes.
Oh I won't argue about the quality from years gone by, but maybe they've learned their lesson.
At least for the past 3yrs the quality on mine seem to be first rate.

I wouldn't call having an unwavering pride in my own nation's products irrational. The only fear of them I have is dying in one because of their terrible build quality.
:rofl: You sure?
gtr_20110212_2.jpg
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/gtr_20110212_1.shtml

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yup, the American public gave up style and quality for 4-cylinder commieboxes, all in the name of fuel-economy.
GM decided to fight this with one car (when I was a kid), the Vega.
Almost 70 yrs of designing and you came up with that?
Underpowered for it's size, making performance non existent.
Ford's answer was the Capri.
Another brilliant move...

Justin B

One Too Many
I wouldn't call having an unwavering pride in my own nation's products irrational. The only fear of them I have is dying in one because of their terrible build quality.

I don't think anyone would fault you for having pride in your country, but when it comes to cars the lines are a bit blurry.

Lets take the Ford F-150 truck. American as apple pie, right? Except they're built in Mexico, not the US. Same for Chevy Tahoes and GMC Yukons.

Well, what about BMWs like the 3 series, X5, and Z4? Evil German cars...except they're built in Spartanburg South Carolina.

Honda has six plants in Ohio cranking out Accords, Civics and Elements.

The Ford 500? It's a Volvo S80. The Chyrsler 300? It's a Mercedes E-class.

And having been a mechanic and having worked on everything from a Model T to a Ferrari I can tell you the are crap cars from everywhere, and some really nicely put together ones from places you wouldn't expect.

/rant

GM decided to fight this with one car (when I was a kid), the Vega.
Almost 70 yrs of designing and you came up with that?
Underpowered for it's size, making performance non existent.
Ford's answer was the Capri.
Another brilliant move...

And remember the Pinto and its novel cigarette lighter? All you had to do was hit it and Boom!!! :p

[video=youtube;qZDVqhWGILA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZDVqhWGILA[/video]

And soon GM cars will be coming from China.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82