Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've got a 43yr old rear end, and it has trouble holding a 195 some days. :D

I'm always in favor of changing out the engine to something more common, that you can easily get parts for.
Of course the exception being the Eldorado you had pictured.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Cadillac 500 was a heck of an engine and you can do a whole lot more with it nowadays because people love hot-rodding them.
[video=youtube;qVcW-OG7tiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVcW-OG7tiI[/video]
Like this?
He doesn't mention the HP but I'd guess at least 450-500 to move something that heavy that fast, not to mention having the ability to boil the tires. I understand not losing HP to a driveshaft since it's front wheel drive, but good heavens this car can pass someone with the A/C on, AND towing an RV trailer.
This is what Tom needs. :D

Last edited:
[video=youtube;qVcW-OG7tiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVcW-OG7tiI[/video]
Like this?
He doesn't mention the HP but I'd guess at least 450-500 to move something that heavy that fast, not to mention having the ability to boil the tires. I understand not losing HP to a driveshaft since it's front wheel drive, but good heavens this car can pass someone with the A/C on, AND towing an RV trailer.
This is what Tom needs. :D
That is actually the 472 Cadillac engine. It is smaller than the 500. The 500 can do one better. :p My 75 stock could smoke the front tires---and I have a few times with it. It stinks to have the windows down when you do this though. :p

Otis

New in Town
70 was the the first year for the 500. It was rated at 400 gross HP and 525 foot pounds of torque. It was an Eldo exclusive that year and for a few years after. Devilles had make do with the 472 until the mid-70s.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You find out when you get one on wet pavement or ice. :D
The guy in the video swore it was a 70, but then again it's possible he wasn't running a 500ci.
Either way that car had an enormous amount of power.

Helps if I read the entire description..."575 hp with 638 lb ft torque."
Not sure how he came up with those numbers but I believe him.
and the fact some of his burnouts are from 20mph up.

Last edited:
The Bradford Exchange proudly presents AtomicEraTom Edition Collector's Paper Plates for a limited time.........includes a copy of the not yet released to the public, VintageTink Franklin Mint Tin Plated Copper $5.00 limited release one per order worthless coin.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe