Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
That was the weirdest thing about living on the east coast. No one seems to like fences there. I grew up in everyone-has-a-fence-land, so I still just don't get it [huh]

Probably residual, ancestral, Puritan guilt over having stolen that land from the Native Americans.:usa2:

That was the weirdest thing about living on the east coast. No one seems to like fences there. I grew up in everyone-has-a-fence-land, so I still just don't get it [huh]

It's because neighbors are very friendly on the right side of the U.S.A...rue. They like the openess of no fence so they can wander over the property line easier to bring apple pies..friendly hugs...gossip...borrow tools...and invite themselves when they can see you are having a BBQ..!
HD

You're lucky HD! Our neighbors used the lack of a fence at our one house to mow half our lawn and try to claim Adverse possession, at another to make it their dog's bathroom, another used it as a playground for their kids, and where my folks live, now, they use it as a dumpsite and their own personal hunting grounds.

It's because neighbors are very friendly on the right side of the U.S.A...rue. They like the openess of no fence so they can wander over the property line easier to bring apple pies..friendly hugs...gossip...borrow tools...and invite themselves when they can see you are having a BBQ..!
HD

You're lucky HD! Our neighbors used the lack of a fence at our one house to mow half our lawn and try to claim Adverse possession, at another to make it their dog's bathroom, another used it as a playground for their kids, and where my folks live, now, they use it as a dumpsite and their own personal hunting grounds.

I take it you don't stock land mines at the shop.......

Those are all good reasons for having a fence. We all like fences out here because it stemmed from keeping your neighbors livestock off your farm/ranch and keeping yours on your farm/ranch. :p Now it keeps idiots from getting into your backyard or watching you every minute of the day. I love fences---the higher the better. :p

Believe it or not...years ago when I put up my privacy fence ..the neighbors on each side of me became mad as hell. They claimed that I was closing them off. Two old ladies that almost wanted to fist fight over it. [huh]

That there sounds like some people who think that your land is theirs look at and pretend it is thiers. Best thing is to cut them off fast and soon. Let them look at the fence and wonder what you are doing on the other side of it. :p

:p:D

s0372_ss0001_it1427.jpg

amador

A-List Customer
Well, we had to put Calie the cat down. She had a tumor in her bronchus and was having trouble breathing. She was a perfect cat. She would come when I whisled. She had previously survived abandonment and life as a ferrel cat. She was taken in by an elderly couple for a couple of years. Husband died at age 92 and wife went to California to live with grown up kids. Calie survived at the homestead by eating field mice and birds and avoiding the coyotes by jumping on the house roof. We bought the 7 acres on the Snake River and she allowed us to stay. Wonderful cat. In her next lifetime she will come back as a human.
She had a tumor in her chest, like I did about 5 years ago which I survived. Linda had to go to the Vet to put her down. Reminded her of her mother's death from a chest tumor from smoking. So we are both very emotional about this. She fulfilled her role as the perfect pet, allowing us to get in touch with some of the emotions we had about our own personal trials. I miss that cat. I have not waxed poetic yet, the grief is too near.

Great picture V.C.!
I love having a fence. Neighbors can be annoying and intrusive;
however, one of my neighbors and I installed a gate between our backyards
for easy access to our pool. Good neighbors are hard to find.

I would also like a moat but don't see that happening.

rue

Well, we had to put Calie the cat down. She had a tumor in her bronchus and was having trouble breathing. She was a perfect cat. She would come when I whisled. She had previously survived abandonment and life as a ferrel cat. She was taken in by an elderly couple for a couple of years. Husband died at age 92 and wife went to California to live with grown up kids. Calie survived at the homestead by eating field mice and birds and avoiding the coyotes by jumping on the house roof. We bought the 7 acres on the Snake River and she allowed us to stay. Wonderful cat. In her next lifetime she will come back as a human.
She had a tumor in her chest, like I did about 5 years ago which I survived. Linda had to go to the Vet to put her down. Reminded her of her mother's death from a chest tumor from smoking. So we are both very emotional about this. She fulfilled her role as the perfect pet, allowing us to get in touch with some of the emotions we had about our own personal trials. I miss that cat. I have not waxed poetic yet, the grief is too near.

Sorry to hear about Calie :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82