Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

billysmom

One Too Many
Sovereign Twenty

Rusty -

If it's anything like my Sovereign Twenty the felt should be gloriously pliable and soft. You can spend endless hours shaping its personality to fit yours. Enjoy!

Sue

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I will be sure to let ya'll in on it when it gets here.

R -- I predict that that one's going to be your narrowest brim yet. I'll be very interested to hear about it once it arrives!

Cheers,
JtL

Spats McGee

One Too Many
RBH said:
YEP! :D
Its coming to Arkansas one way or the other. :D
Its an open crowned fedora that has not ever been creased.
This will be the first vintage fedora I have ever gotten that has never had a crease.
I really did not think I would get it, the end bid did not even get close to my top out bid. Boy... am I glad. :)

Fantastic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That one really is a beauty & I'm glad to hear that it went to a fellow Lounger! And I'm glad I didn't drive the price up on you any more than I did. Enjoy the hat and don't forget to provide us with some ondanogginshots.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
This looked like a nice one.

stetson7.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0&_trksid=m38&_nkw=260457331905&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Rusty -- I had to smile when I saw that you picked this one up, in large part because here is the hat I am working on cleaning up today:

52Stetson3X.jpg

Looks kinda familiar, don't it? :D

I predict that yours will be in the 2 3/8" to 2 1/2" range. The one in the photo is 2 1/2". ;) (It's a 1952 Stetson 3X, by the way -- fished from the 'Bay a few weeks ago).

Congrats on nabbing that lid -- it is beautiful. And to find it in mint condition at that price is amazing! Well done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
Thanks for the kind remarks everyone!

jimmy the lid said:
Rusty -- I had to smile when I saw that you picked this one up, in large part because here is the hat I am working on cleaning up today:

52Stetson3X.jpg

Looks kinda familiar, don't it? :D

I predict that yours will be in the 2 3/8" to 2 1/2" range. The one in the photo is 2 1/2". ;) (It's a 1952 Stetson 3X, by the way -- fished from the 'Bay a few weeks ago).

Congrats on nabbing that lid -- it is beautiful. And to find it in mint condition at that price is amazing! Well done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

We shall have to wear them the next time we get together!!!!

2 3\8s to 2 1\2 will work for me! {never thought I would have said that!}
My Knox Vagabond is 2 3\8s and I really like it.
I could not believe I nabbed it at that price, I thought that one in the condition it looks to be in would have gone for double that.
Mine does not have the wind trolly.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Thanks for the kind remarks everyone!

We shall have to wear them the next time we get together!!!!

2 3\8s to 2 1\2 will work for me! {never thought I would have said that!}
My Knox Vagabond is 2 3\8s and I really like it.
I could not believe I nabbed it at that price, I thought that one in the condition it looks to be in would have gone for double that.
Mine does not have the wind trolly.

Great hat for a diamond, R. That crown looks plenty high for a nice deep one.

RBH said:
YEP! :D
Its coming to Arkansas one way or the other. :D
Its an open crowned fedora that has not ever been creased.
This will be the first vintage fedora I have ever gotten that has never had a crease.
I really did not think I would get it, the end bid did not even get close to my top out bid. Boy... am I glad. :)

Way to go Cuz. Can't wait to see photos & hear your impressions. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Clear Beaver Modern Resistol

Vtg Resistol Diamond Horseshoe 75 Beaver Cowboy Hat
Self-Conforming Hand Creased Long Oval 7 1/4 1974
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170366241512#ht_500wt_956
I suspect this is a Resistol 75th Anniversary hat(2002). Not a 75 like "Beaver 100"
This is what the box would have looked like(this photo is not from the auction and wrong hat)
3805641165_402466a9f1_o.jpg

The other direction in time:
Flemings Vaqueros Hat 1930's?
3805696059_dc160ccf35_o.jpg
3806514040_549271618a_o.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'm a little ill about that OR. Don't know why I didn't see it when it was listed. :mad:

I wouldn't have bid on it had I seen it but I know what you mean. Even though I search regularly the key words found in that particular title I didn't see it either. That happens from time to time and have no explaination. It's really peculiar. I wonder if sometimes an ebay search doesn't actually pull up everything that it should. [huh]

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Nice hats all

Congratulations on the new acquisitions everyone. Fantastic hats. In keeping with the topic, one gripe that comes to mind is that a lot of nice hats are available for postage to the US only.

Gripe over. Again, well done all!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
munchausen said:
Congratulations on the new acquisitions everyone. Fantastic hats. In keeping with the topic, one gripe that comes to mind is that a lot of nice hats are available for postage to the US only.

Gripe over. Again, well done all!

You may well already be asking and running into stubborn sellers, but I often inquire(in what ever the native language may be) on various foreign sites if they will ship regardless of the restrictions listed. Alternatively, in the case of an uncooperative seller, a fellow Lounger can purchase and forward the hat to you if necessary.

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Thanks RLK

That's good to know. I'm still new here, so would feel like I'm imposing to ask someone with a US address to forward on a hat, but as time goes by and the folks get to know me here... But damn, there are some hats sold on the US site. Thanks for the tip, I'll start looking researching international eBay sites. Maybe in a month or so, my wife is starting to see the packages and bills coming in. :p

Feraud

Bartender
I purchased a fedora that was marked my size but someone had put it on a stretcher! :mad:
Along with being too big the sweat had cracked. If a fedora isn't your size, please please wait for one that is. A hat in your size will come along.
Stretching and hoping to make it fit can damage the dwindling supply of vintage stock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe