Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Feraud said:
I purchased a fedora that was marked my size but someone had put it on a stretcher! :mad:
Along with being too big the sweat had cracked. If a fedora isn't your size, please please wait for one that is. A hat in your size will come along.
Stretching and hoping to make it fit can damage the dwindling supply of vintage stock!

Hey! Hey! Some of us would wait forever if that were the case. ;) :p

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I lost on this Stetson. :mad: It went for $82.50 - surprisingly high price for a 6 7/8 (even though they tried to sell it as a snug 7).
Beautiful high crown with reverse taper. Would have loved to bring this home into my den... :(

291038706_tp.jpg
291038775_tp.jpg

291038838_tp.jpg
291038919_tp.jpg

291039215_tp.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's the one that rilco bought from another seller who couldn't seem to get rid of it. I think the original seller got around $20 from rilco.

Mario said:
I lost on this Stetson. :mad: It went for $82.50 - surprisingly high price for a 6 7/8 (even though they tried to sell it as a snug 7).
Beautiful high crown with reverse taper. Would have loved to bring this home into my den... :(

291039215_tp.jpg

[/CENTER]

Same store (Hirch's Belair, Maryland) as the JohnnyPhi hats.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Same store (Hirch's Belair, Maryland) as the JohnnyPhi hats.

Seeing that you're in MD yourself mayserwegener, I'm wondering if you ever see hats from Hirsch's floating around your environs?

Golden Earache

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
That's the one that rilco bought from another seller who couldn't seem to get rid of it. I think the original seller got around $20 from rilco.

Yeah, that was mine. :eusa_doh: Mario, you should have bought when I had it for sale 3 times! you would have gotten a hell of a deal.

zetwal said:
Seeing that you're in MD yourself mayserwegener, I'm wondering if you ever see hats from Hirsch's floating around your environs?

The only ones I have are from JohnnyPhi but I haven't done much local searching. I will have to make a point to do more of that.

tortswon

Practically Family
It's a Whippet!

For those of you who have been waiting for word, I am pleased to tell you that I opened the box to find a beautiful black Stetson Whippet. It is in very good shape with some wear around the sweat and some discoloration to the lining. Externally it is in excellent shape with no moth bites or other defects. Photos will follow (including noggin' shots) when I get home.

With respect to the initial confusion due to the listing saying that it had St. Regis on the sweat band, this is not the case. The only writing on the inner band is the Stetson logo, the words Royal Stetson, and a Gimbel's Men's Store logo with a strutting cock in the middle.

Thanks to all who joined me in keeping the fingers crossed. Best, Sam

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tortswon said:
For those of you who have been waiting for word, I am pleased to tell you that I opened the box to find a beautiful black Stetson Whippet. It is in very good shape with some wear around the sweat and some discoloration to the lining. Externally it is in excellent shape with no moth bites or other defects. Photos will follow (including noggin' shots) when I get home.

With respect to the initial confusion due to the listing saying that it had St. Regis on the sweat band, this is not the case. The only writing on the inner band is the Stetson logo, the words Royal Stetson, and a Gimbel's Men's Store logo with a strutting cock in the middle.

Thanks to all who joined me in keeping the fingers crossed. Best, Sam

Congrats, Sam. I'll be interested in seeing it.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
tortswon said:
Best, Sam

Good for you Sam. Nah Ghin Nah Ghin Nah Ghin!:D :eusa_clap :D :eusa_clap

tortswon

Practically Family
Black Whippet- Slight delay

The hat is going off to Art for a little work. It is a bit small for me. Photos will be posted once it is fitting properly. Best, Sam

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
Another Adam on it's way to join it's brothers and sisters. Thanks to a fellow lounger for pointing this one out to me!

It's an LBJ... a gray OR clone, never had one with a cattleman crease, so will be interested in seeing how it works out or whether I'll re-crease it.

Hat.1.AdamsLBJ.jpg

I kept looking at that one covetously but it was just way too big for me so no bid. Glad you got it.

billyspew said:
Another Adam on it's way to join it's brothers and sisters. Thanks to a fellow lounger for pointing this one out to me!

It's an LBJ... a gray OR clone, never had one with a cattleman crease, so will be interested in seeing how it works out or whether I'll re-crease it.

Appears similar (sweat and price tag) vintage as my Adam Crosley PTV. The liner is glued (all my other Adams are stitched) on mine so would be interested to see what you find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe