Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I have 3 other hat deals in the works, & it was excruciating to let this go by!!!:eek:
I passed as well. I was watching the OK Hatters fedora at the time. :)

Bolthead, That Cervo is just outstanding and a terrific price. I hope someone here got it.

Kiltie, Nice cap. Are you inviting the North Texas Contingent (NTC) to your next regatta?

kiltie

Practically Family
Lefty said:
Bolt- look one page back.

Kiltie - check out Marc in the "what are you wearing today" thread. The two of you could start a little cap and pipe club.

What a hoot! I was too lazy to drag my butt down to the car to get my Pea Coat, which I've been too lazy to get out of the car since Feb. That woulda been perfect.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
kiltie said:
What a hoot! I was too lazy to drag my butt down to the car to get my Pea Coat, which I've been too lazy to get out of the car since Feb. That woulda been perfect.
lol lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
Like the X system, there is quite a variance in the quality of a 25.

I did not know that.
01_carson.jpg

Charlie Huang

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
Just won this nice old boater tonight on eBay. If the seller's measurements are accurate, there's a chance it might fit - but fit is always a bit dicey with the stiffness of boaters. Cheap enough at 20 bucks to take the chance.

Boater1.jpg

Alas, it's another hat I won't actually get my hands on for awhile because the seller wouldn't ship to Canadia so I'm having it sent to my daughter in upstate NewYork whom I'll be visiting in early May. I've been looking a long time for just the right vintage boater. I can wait a little longer.

Now that is a good boater!

Is it stiff enough to slice someone's head off?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I Agree Carter.....

carter said:
I passed as well. I was watching the OK Hatters fedora at the time. :)

Bolthead, That Cervo is just outstanding and a terrific price. I hope someone here got it.

Kiltie, Nice cap. Are you inviting the North Texas Contingent (NTC) to your next regatta?
I was watching it, even put a $40 snipe in on it, hoping nobody else would see it......lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
25 was a price point- The hat was made to a price, so as materials and labor got more expensive, the quality of the hat went down.

I knew that part, but I didn't think that the 25 was around all that long. While I've seen 20s from what seem to be different decades, I haven't seen many 25s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe