Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-194...3wvfZvelpTWmVAiLOoU5Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Just got this one, Stetson Supper Club:
$_57.JPG

Will need a clean and block...perhaps new band because I'll have to stretch it a bit to size 7.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Frank - I agree it's a homburg. No reason why you can't wear it open crown though. Looks a good find.

Rick - I think you're safe on it being fur-felt

Jared - nice find. Hopefully the ribbon will hold the stretch as it looks good.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Richard: me too! Ive had good luck with old 6 7/8ths hats and just the gentlest of stretchings. I worry about the condition of the sweat on this one, it may have to be replaced. May send to Optimo or see if Bob at Black Sheep has the correct block for it.

I do really like the combo, and a bit of a broader brim than the average Homburg.

fashion frank

One Too Many
What about the brown one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-194...3wvfZvelpTWmVAiLOoU5Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Just got this one, Stetson Supper Club:
$_57.JPG

Will need a clean and block...perhaps new band because I'll have to stretch it a bit to size 7.

Glad you scored that one .
I had that one and the brown one on my watch list since it was my size but bought a Dobbs instead .
Did you also score that brown one they were bothe from the same estate sale ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Richard great finds I hope they are all true to size, absolute snip of a price as well! French ebayers seem to very pleasant to deal with i've jsut ordered a load from France and they gave very reasonable p&p for 9 hats, less then I got charged on German ebay for one.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It took a little restraint to let this one pass me by. At the time it ended, all of 33 people had viewed the auction.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I saw that one too Joao. Amazingly pristine 100 and price to match. I got a really good deal on my 100 in a size 7....about $90 as I recall with the case!

That is a very high price for a Stetson 100 in such a small size. That seller got lucky. The last 2 Stetson 100s in size 7 I saw went for less than $300.

Lucky indeed.. See the bid history.. It went from $265.00 to $335.00 with one new bidder then from $335.00 to $500 from another new bidder..
Two big bid increments...

Ebay is so unpredictable.

Regards

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Joe, I thought the bidding was rather odd.
Mine was the $335 which was a snipe I'd set with that as the max bid.
I don't know why the winner didn't win at $345, rather than $500. Unless there were some other bids that just didn't show up there, he seems to have been overcharged by quite a bit.

I don't know why the winner didn't win at $345, rather than $500. Unless there were some other bids that just didn't show up there, he seems to have been overcharged by quite a bit.

Ill double check the bid history again, You put in a strong bid sorry you didn't win...
Regards
CCJ

It appears ebay does not list automatic bids in their bid history.... That seems odd..

fedoracentric

Banned
Wow. If that is the reserve, what was it before? I ask because I emailed the owner when he first listed it asking if he'd take $200 in a buy it now. He said no but asked what it was worth. I told him that similar hats in that size had gone for around $300. He then emailed back and said that he lowered the reserve according to what I told him. Cripes, if he lowered it to $500, what the hell did he think it was worth before my email to him????

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It might have been worth much more to the winner.
$500 is cheap, regardless of size, for that hat with the full kit. People paying $400-$600 for beaver customs aren't getting that hat - not even close.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld